Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ectopic Pregnancies

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

Have any women on here had one? Did you have any early signs?

I am 5 weeks and today I had pain on my right side twice. Once it was just a slight pain, that I chalked up to moving to fast, the second time it was really painful. I was getting off the couch and using my stomach muscles to get up and it pulled and stabbed really bad. Then after a few minutes it quit hurting. Even before I knew I was pregnant I have had twinges and pulling on the same side. I don't know if I am overreacting or if I have a legitimate reason to be concerned.

Could it be round ligament pain? Is it too early for that?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ttc1rainbow
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Yes, I have. The pain of an ectopic is crippling, well was for me. To the point I couldn't walk or sit, lay down, etc without being in severe pain. The worse I've ever felt and will probably never experience again. But, that's also because my old OB didn't catch it! And my tube ruptured...I know that right shoulder pain is also associated with an ectopic. IDK anything about round ligament pain, however, I would say if you're concerned at all, call your doctor to be safe!! :) Good luck! 

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I've never had an ectopic before but I have plenty of experience with round ligament pain and what your describing sounds like round ligament pain to me. I would say though if you're concerned about it to go get yourself checked out just to be sure...better to be checked and it be fine then not to be and there be an issue
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I would say better safe than sorry call the dr see what they recommend. Gl sending lots of sticky bean dust!
Trying4BabyNum3
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I had an Ectopic June 2011 i wasnt n any pain i jus started bleeding @ 5 wks & had 2 have surgery 2 remove part of my right Fallopian tube
Jrsmommy614
by Chrissy on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:01 AM

I had one and the pain was just unbearable. I had two episodes of these crippling pains that made me vomit but after a couple hours would lighten up so I didn't think anything of it. Then one day I was at work and got that pain again (right side). It was so bad I couldn't walk straight, I was hunched over and thank god my bf at the time was picking me up from work anyways. I went home and tried to take a warm bath to soothe the pain and it was just so bad my grandmother called my mom to take me to the hospital & they found my tube had ruptured and I was bleeding badly internally & was given immediate blood transfusions and sent to another hospital to operate. I lost the tube it was so badly ruptured & had two surguries because of it. If I would have had any suspicion about an ectopic I deff. would have taken better care. If not caught on time can lead to future pregnancy complications & death from the bleeding so if you have any doubt in your mind please consult your OB. It is much better to be safe than sorry. This is what it left me with.

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:51 AM

If this is a 2nd+ pregnancy then sounds like round ligament pain when you were getting off the couch, this is my 4th & every time I even cough I get bad RL pains :( Didn't start nearly this early w/ my 1st though.

Also the pain off to the right side could be ovary twinges from the corpus luteum cyst pumping out progesterone, I have similar pains & at my u/s the doctor said no cysts & baby is intrauterine :)

krissy920
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:05 AM

My  dear friend had surgery  for an ectopic last month. She had severe pain and  i should of known soemthign was up with her symptoms. She had spells where she wa son the floor in tears in the worst pain ever. The problem was she went to the er where they did a rushed U/S nd they said there was a sac in her uterus. Turns out i guess they didnt really pay attention to her because there wasnt a sac .. it was in her tube.  A week later she passed out in pain on the floor, her husband found her and rushed her  to the er again. She was close to 8 weeks along and  had a lot of internal bleeding.

If you  think it may be ectopic its best to go get it checked out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured