Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

can having the flu cause u to miss a period?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 3 Replies
Can having the flu cause you to miss a period? On Thursday night I came home with headache running nose and aches all over by friday it was the flu. I couldn't move shivering cold sweat I had it all... my period was due on Friday though im only 2 days late ive never missed a period. Ive taken 2 dollar store brand pregnancy tests & bfn... only noticed an indent after I woke up the next morning ( ive never even seen or had an indent before. This is really bothering me because now im worried maybe I never ovulated or what if this is as a result of premature ovarian failure im beside myself no idea what to think. Let me add also according to opk I possibility ovulated between cycle day 6-10 started getting lines on day six that kept getting darker by each day was the opk wrong? I have a short cycle usually between 21-23 days
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mama2gg
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM
The flu can delay o which can delay cycle.

Opk show a surge not O so its hard to tell when or if u did o

Fx for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aihsek
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Quoting mama2gg:

The flu can delay o which can delay cycle.

Opk show a surge not O so its hard to tell when or if u did o

Fx for you

thats what I thought re: the flu delaying ovulation but if I did ovulate.... I didnt get the flu until the actual day my period was due so that's why im so puzzled. . Sigh ....thanks for your response
ProudMama1125
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

If you got the 'flu' the day AF was due... then it shouldn't delay anything. I think that the flu delays O which delays AF. Sooooo... TEST AGAIN in the morning if she doesn't show her ugly face! GL!! FX'd that it isn't 'flu'.. that it's a BFP. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)