Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

clear blue fertility monitor

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hey ladies, anyone using one or has experience? I started testing on cd 6, we r doing the deed every other day. Waiting to see peak fertility in the next few days. Did u do the deed every day on peak fertility days or stick to every other day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayshopefull
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I have never used the fertility monitor but i do use the clear blue ovulation kits...once i get a smiley face...we do it that day, and then like 3 days after the smiley face. I would do it everyday once you reach the peak of fertility.

yas1985
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Thanks for the reply hun. :)

Quoting alwayshopefull:

I have never used the fertility monitor but i do use the clear blue ovulation kits...once i get a smiley face...we do it that day, and then like 3 days after the smiley face. I would do it everyday once you reach the peak of fertility.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yas1985
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofone123
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I've been using the monitor every time we've tried to get pregnant over the past 8 years. I'm currently preagnant with baby#4. :)  Have you gotten any "high" days yet? For me (because I take fertility meds) I get 6 days of "high" readings and then 2 peak days. You'll automatically get a high after the 2 peak days. We have sex starting on my 4th high day and everyday till the day after peak(usually days 13-17 of my cycle). The more cycles you use the monitor the more it "gets to know you". Like I have really really long cycles usually, so the monitor doesn't have me start testing until day 9. I usually peak somewhere between days 15-18. Sorry, this is kind of rambling but hope it helps.    :)

yas1985
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I started testing on cd 6, 6, 7, and 8 showed low fertility. Cd 9, 10, 11 has been high fertility, waiting for peak fertility. My cycles are 29-31 days long. Thankyou for replying. Would u recommend dtd daily from now as its cd 11?

Quoting mommyofone123:

I've been using the monitor every time we've tried to get pregnant over the past 8 years. I'm currently preagnant with baby#4. :)  Have you gotten any "high" days yet? For me (because I take fertility meds) I get 6 days of "high" readings and then 2 peak days. You'll automatically get a high after the 2 peak days. We have sex starting on my 4th high day and everyday till the day after peak(usually days 13-17 of my cycle). The more cycles you use the monitor the more it "gets to know you". Like I have really really long cycles usually, so the monitor doesn't have me start testing until day 9. I usually peak somewhere between days 15-18. Sorry, this is kind of rambling but hope it helps.    :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofone123
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM

If your cycles are usually 29-31 days you'll probably ovulate around day 15-17. So I'd probably start dtd daily on day 12 through the day after you peak. Sometimes in the beginning when the monitor is getting to know you it may read high and stay high until your period starts. (I've had this happen) and there's no peak.  It could mean 2 things, #1 you didn't ovulate this cycle or #2 the surge was so subtle it didn't catch it. So even if it doesn't peak I'd still dtd just in case you do still ovulate and it misses it. The good news is in the 8 years I've used the monitor I've never "missed a peak". The 2 months it went high and stayed high I didn't ovulate, so the monitor was right. lol :) Hope this answers your question :)

Quoting yas1985:

I started testing on cd 6, 6, 7, and 8 showed low fertility. Cd 9, 10, 11 has been high fertility, waiting for peak fertility. My cycles are 29-31 days long. Thankyou for replying. Would u recommend dtd daily from now as its cd 11?

Quoting mommyofone123:

CmC1307
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM
We try to bd everyday. W have bd 13 of the past 16 days im still waiting to o though. Ive gotten 16 high readings after taking 100mg clomid days 3 to 7
CafeMom Tickers
jdixon12
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I used the cbefm this cycle,and it worked the first try. We are currently 4weeks & 2days,edd_10/26/13. I received a total of 3 high days and 2 peak days. We bd everyday on high days and 2x a day on peak days,although it was exhausting by the 5th day,we caught our egg! I hope you have a good experience with it as I did.GL & babydust to you

yas1985
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Thankyou, that was very helpful. :) will give it a go.

Quoting mommyofone123:

If your cycles are usually 29-31 days you'll probably ovulate around day 15-17. So I'd probably start dtd daily on day 12 through the day after you peak. Sometimes in the beginning when the monitor is getting to know you it may read high and stay high until your period starts. (I've had this happen) and there's no peak.  It could mean 2 things, #1 you didn't ovulate this cycle or #2 the surge was so subtle it didn't catch it. So even if it doesn't peak I'd still dtd just in case you do still ovulate and it misses it. The good news is in the 8 years I've used the monitor I've never "missed a peak". The 2 months it went high and stayed high I didn't ovulate, so the monitor was right. lol :) Hope this answers your question :)

Quoting yas1985:

Quoting mommyofone123:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yas1985
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:48 AM
Best wishes to you this cycle.

Quoting CmC1307:

We try to bd everyday. W have bd 13 of the past 16 days im still waiting to o though. Ive gotten 16 high readings after taking 100mg clomid days 3 to 7

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN