Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

And the digital OPK does not lie or does it....I am so confused.....

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

Okay so I posted a little while ago about having Ovulation Cramps. Took 2 OPK tests this morning and they came back negative. Took 2 more at 12:30 EST. They are the Clearblue Digital Ones....used the same urine within like 2 minutes of each other... one came back positive and the other came back negative. I forgot to take pic of the negative one.  So weird. Here is a pick of the positive one. Kinda pointless too because DH is out of town till late late tomorrow night for work. We only BD'd once on the 13th which was the start of my supposed "fertile" time. I seriously doubt this is our month. Ughhhh...Idk why I took the OPK's considering DH is out of town. Such a bummer.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
acook0331
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Bump

xtriciax
by tricia on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM

weird that you got a pos and a neg with same urine

luvmy2boys0911
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I know, right? That has NEVER happened before. I almost wonder if maybe the battery is dying in one of the tests or something? Weird for sure. I'm sooooooooo bored today and my kids are spending the day with their Grandparents...so I think I am just gonna keep testing....even though its pretty pointless...lol

Quoting xtriciax:

weird that you got a pos and a neg with same urine

alwayshopefull
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I use the exact same ones that you do. I have never got a positive then a negitive but then again i only test once a day with fmu. After that i just wait until the next morning. I have ovulation cramps bad today as well. I tested this morning and it was negitive and will just test again in the morning.

Sorry your hubby is not in town to bd!

WOFFT
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM
I've never used OPK's so I really don't know but I learned that FMU is not good for OPK as there's always LH in the body and the concentration in FMU will give a false reading. Do try and research this or make a post to learn more. I just thought I should point this out so that you can check and confirm you're doing it correctly. GL

Quoting alwayshopefull:

I use the exact same ones that you do. I have never got a positive then a negitive but then again i only test once a day with fmu. After that i just wait until the next morning. I have ovulation cramps bad today as well. I tested this morning and it was negitive and will just test again in the morning.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayshopefull
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I have always used FMU and have never gotten a false positive. I have been checked by my doctor as well to make sure i do actually ovulate. If i didnt use FMU you have to at least hold your pee for 3 or 4 hours when does anyone have the time do to that during the day? There is no way i could hold it that long during a regular day.  

Quoting WOFFT:

I've never used OPK's so I really don't know but I learned that FMU is not good for OPK as there's always LH in the body and the concentration in FMU will give a false reading. Do try and research this or make a post to learn more. I just thought I should point this out so that you can check and confirm you're doing it correctly. GL

Quoting alwayshopefull:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)