Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Semen Analysis Question

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 23 Replies

DH is having one done on Friday. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the results? Has anyone else's DH/SO had this done?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grumpyboston
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Yes mine had it done they knew that day thev redults but my dr needed to read them and was on vacation so it was a week we got ours. My dr has his own lab there and a guy just for that so im not sure about other places
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xtriciax
by tricia on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM

not mine but bump

grumpyboston
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM
And it gave me nightmares about it after he had it done. Im a germ phobic so I brought my own napkins husband did not touch anything they offered him he didnt even sit or touch sink antibacterial handwipes is what I brought . In my mind safer the better never know what germs r around that room you all so cant have sex three says before
AllieReed
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I hate you had to wait a week. Were the results ok? We have to take this to the outpatient lab, but it's in the same building as the doctor's office. Thanks for your reply, we are anxious to know.

Quoting grumpyboston:

Yes mine had it done they knew that day thev redults but my dr needed to read them and was on vacation so it was a week we got ours. My dr has his own lab there and a guy just for that so im not sure about other places

mrsallen3912
by Shay on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM

My DH is having his done tomorrow. Our RE said that it may take 3-4 days, but they read everything in house, so Im assuming that was working around the doctors schedule. GL!

AllieReed
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Oh my! Well, they are letting us bring it in. You have to get it there within 30 minutes. We have the cup & a brown paper bag.  We are going to be adventurous & do it in the parking lot together. Lol! He has dark tint on his windows.

Quoting grumpyboston:

And it gave me nightmares about it after he had it done. Im a germ phobic so I brought my own napkins husband did not touch anything they offered him he didnt even sit or touch sink antibacterial handwipes is what I brought . In my mind safer the better never know what germs r around that room you all so cant have sex three says before

AllieReed
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok, thank you! I didn't talk to my doctor in length about it. But it was June when he said he would be happy to order it when we were ready. So, I just called yesterday & they ordered it. I just didn't think to ask how long it takes to get the results. They just told me what all we needed to do.

I hope your DH has some awesome swimmers!

Quoting mrsallen3912:

My DH is having his done tomorrow. Our RE said that it may take 3-4 days, but they read everything in house, so Im assuming that was working around the doctors schedule. GL!

mrsallen3912
by Shay on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I like your adventurous take on it!

We are going to do the SA in office...with the door locked...and the lights off....TMI LOL (we have no shame) :)

Quoting AllieReed:

Oh my! Well, they are letting us bring it in. You have to get it there within 30 minutes. We have the cup & a brown paper bag.  We are going to be adventurous & do it in the parking lot together. Lol! He has dark tint on his windows.

Quoting grumpyboston:

grumpyboston
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM
No I didnt care I had to wait a week I need to see dr for my test results myself and for meds.

Quoting AllieReed:

I hate you had to wait a week. Were the results ok? We have to take this to the outpatient lab, but it's in the same building as the doctor's office. Thanks for your reply, we are anxious to know.

Quoting grumpyboston:

grumpyboston
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Yes actually they were excellent so good the dr decided to say a smart asd comment that hes lucky I didnt hear husband told me after we left . I haven't seen dr since but he will hear my mouth

Quoting AllieReed:

Quoting grumpyboston:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)