Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Chances really low on becoming pregnant :(

Posted by   + Show Post
My husband and I just found out that he is at 1% on one of the tests he took. He had a high sperm count high motility but out of the 200,000,000 only 1,000,000 are good. The Dr said he need to be 4% or higher in order for us to try IUI. My husband has two kids from a previous marriage. I guess I'm just sad because I really wanted to have a child with him. Has anyone ever experienced what were going through? I was reading online about how a man can get his sperm count up. I feel bad for my DH because now he feels likes he is failing me.... I married him because I love him, I didn't marry him so that we could have children .... Of course that's what we both want. I'm not to sure what to do other than pray... And cry.... :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Replies (21-24):
Giver222
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM
They can't do an IUI when the Morphology is below 4% so our only option is IVF. I'm not too sure about IVF yet .... It's so expensive ! I hope and pray to have a child. My husband had 2 already. So at least he had 2 sweet boys. I was hoping I could experience having a chil with him. I'm going to the Dr in March to see if there is anything going on with me. I know it's usually both people .... :) thanks for your encouraging words !!

Quoting Amber1208:

There is still a chance. It only takes one. I've heard some amazing stories from other women while we are TTC. I'm assuming the 1% is morphology. My husband has 3% morphology. Our Doc said with his high motility and 800 million sperm he sees no reason why we can't get pregnant as long as we figure out what's wrong with me. So even though my husband had 3% morphology, the Doc believes my hormones or ovulation must be off and is the reason we have yet to conceive our 2nd baby after almost 2 years of trying. I've heard women with way worse stories miraculously conceiving. I hope the best for you! Did they mention doing an IUI or anything?

Giver222
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I'm 3dpo :)

Quoting xtriciax:

do you know how many dpo you are?

Quoting Giver222:

Today is CD16 I had all this white chunky discharge come out ?? I don't remember ever seeing this before ? I still have hope but I know of it happens it will truly be a miracle.

Quoting Giver222:

Quoting xtriciax:

you could try vitamins not sure on which but i know at least one other lady in her has her hubby on supplements takes about 3 months to take full effect goodlcuk hun

Amber1208
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Something seems off. Our Doc was highly optimistic of us conceiving on our own with my husbands 3% and he knows we aren't willing to try IVF and said that was understandable. In the end I hope it all works out for you.

Quoting Giver222:

They can't do an IUI when the Morphology is below 4% so our only option is IVF. I'm not too sure about IVF yet .... It's so expensive ! I hope and pray to have a child. My husband had 2 already. So at least he had 2 sweet boys. I was hoping I could experience having a chil with him. I'm going to the Dr in March to see if there is anything going on with me. I know it's usually both people .... :) thanks for your encouraging words !!

Quoting Amber1208:

There is still a chance. It only takes one. I've heard some amazing stories from other women while we are TTC. I'm assuming the 1% is morphology. My husband has 3% morphology. Our Doc said with his high motility and 800 million sperm he sees no reason why we can't get pregnant as long as we figure out what's wrong with me. So even though my husband had 3% morphology, the Doc believes my hormones or ovulation must be off and is the reason we have yet to conceive our 2nd baby after almost 2 years of trying. I've heard women with way worse stories miraculously conceiving. I hope the best for you! Did they mention doing an IUI or anything?

Giver222
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I sure hope something is off.... On there end !!!! Thanks so much !!!! :)

Quoting Amber1208:

Something seems off. Our Doc was highly optimistic of us conceiving on our own with my husbands 3% and he knows we aren't willing to try IVF and said that was understandable. In the end I hope it all works out for you.

Quoting Giver222:

Quoting Amber1208:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)