Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

BFP? but spotting and worried.

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 16 Replies

Ok, so this morning I thought I would test just for the heck of it, I started spotting yesterday but still very light. Have had some symptoms that made me think maybe just maybe..so I tested, and when I cam back to look at it..there it was a line. I also did an OPK just for fun and the picture shows how much darker it has gotten..which would be weird if I was not pregnant and just starting my period right? SO, there is a line on the pregnancy test, if I wasn't spotting I would be jumping up and down excited but thinking I might be pregnant but it's not sticking due to the spotting. My husband says he can clearly see a line and just tells me not to worry about it, either I'm pregnant and the little one will stick and keep growing or we will have to keep trying next month.

Just needed to tell someone since we aren't telling our family until we are pregnant and a little further on like 6 weeks pregnant or something. :)

Frustrating, since I want to be excited but instead, I'm just worried :(

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandi100
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I can see the line on the test...how long did you wait to check it?? I hope this is it for you and nothing bad happens fx!!!

WOFFT
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Fx its sticky and healthy for you. I've read of Ladies who spot all through the 1st Trimester and their pregnancy still turns out fine. Good Luck and Take Care.
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Some women do have spotting during pregnancy that isn't concerning. But it is also possible you caught a chemical. I would just test again in a few days and see if the test is darker or the bleeding gets heavier. Good Luck girl!

krissy920
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM

i had spotting like that  the day before my chemical, but i hear lots of stories of women who spot and have full on period  type bleeding during their pregnancy. I would be cautiously optimistic since the line is faint but there, and retest in the morning, if its darker i would call the dr and set up a blood test :) I hope this is a sticky bean for you  :)

CafeMom Tickers
ilovekeith12
by Sara on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM
My mil had full af with all 4 of her kids !!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilovekeith12
by Sara on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Can you really tell with OPK that ur preggo ? If so how ?

Quoting Awing10:

Ok, so this morning I thought I would test just for the heck of it, I started spotting yesterday but still very light. Have had some symptoms that made me think maybe just maybe..so I tested, and when I cam back to look at it..there it was a line. I also did an OPK just for fun and the picture shows how much darker it has gotten..which would be weird if I was not pregnant and just starting my period right? SO, there is a line on the pregnancy test, if I wasn't spotting I would be jumping up and down excited but thinking I might be pregnant but it's not sticking due to the spotting. My husband says he can clearly see a line and just tells me not to worry about it, either I'm pregnant and the little one will stick and keep growing or we will have to keep trying next month.

Just needed to tell someone since we aren't telling our family until we are pregnant and a little further on like 6 weeks pregnant or something. :)

Frustrating, since I want to be excited but instead, I'm just worried :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tinkerbellp
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I took the pregnant test @ 9 03 am and it was neg but had one dark line on control line nothing on test line does that mean I might be or what please help me thanks my cycle not suppose to start till 21st but, last mnth I spotted but light bleeding and this mnth no spotting so far in 2 weeks so what that means? Does it also make any differance on ur cervix everyone talking about that I dont get it

Quoting NoraDun:

Some women do have spotting during pregnancy that isn't concerning. But it is also possible you caught a chemical. I would just test again in a few days and see if the test is darker or the bleeding gets heavier. Good Luck girl!

jayangel82
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:12 PM

It could be implantation bleeding.. I wouldnt worry about it unless it gets heavier and/or bad cramps

angel miniMrs Gonzales devil mini

Awing10
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this

was able to hold off on going to the bathroom for about 4 hours before taking another test. After looking on other posts there were some people who got false positives with the Wondfo brand and that made me wonder if the whole thing was a false alarm. SO I took a First Response..came back in 2 minutes and there was that beautiful very faint line, I had kept my sample in case I did see something on the test, so went ahead and did the digital and I was soo excited to see it say pregnant! 

This makes me more excited since I have two different tests that are saying pregnant along with my faint bfp on the wondfo brand. Will be testing maybe later tonight with cheapy and then some more with FMU to see if the line is getting darker.

If the lines keep getting darker, I will be so happy. We didn't know if it was even possible for me to get pregnant after going through cancer treatments 2 years ago. So even if this turns out to be a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage, at least we know it is possible and we can keep trying. Hopefully this is a sticky bean though! 

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Some women do notice a difference in their cervix in early pregnancy but its not reliable for determining pregnancy. If you took a test and the control line was there and there was no test line then it was negative saying your not pregnant. But it may be too early. Try retesting the day of your missed period. Good Luck hun!

Quoting tinkerbellp:

I took the pregnant test @ 9 03 am and it was neg but had one dark line on control line nothing on test line does that mean I might be or what please help me thanks my cycle not suppose to start till 21st but, last mnth I spotted but light bleeding and this mnth no spotting so far in 2 weeks so what that means? Does it also make any differance on ur cervix everyone talking about that I dont get it

Quoting NoraDun:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)