Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Can I Say.....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:08 AM
  • 9 Replies

That allergies totally suck ???? I have allergy issues, especially when I am laying down, so they keep me from sleep half the time. Nothing the doctore gives me and nothing over the counter really helps. And sometimes... its just maddening. Especially when you have job apps to fill out and homework to do and classes to attend.I would love a break from the stuffy nose........

Rant over. :)

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bonita131
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:19 AM

Pile up the pillows so you're propped up when you sleep instead of laying flat. Put bricks or chunks of wood under the feet of the head of your bed,  so your bed, and your head, will be always be raised, which in turn will help prevent the never ending nose goo from constantly going down your throat like it does when you lay flat. Buy some breath right strips, and a Vick's inhaler. Not a perfect solution, but they help a bit. Oh and look for an alergy med that doesn't say "Non drowsy" cause the stuff the non drowsy med has in it can oftentimes keep you awake at night.

xtriciax
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:40 AM

i agree with the pp prop yourself up a little more i have that issue sometimes too. 

WOFFT
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Sorry. The first poster have given you very good ideas/remedies. Take Care.
Emptyfeeling
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM

lol I do sleep propped up up pillows already, and sometimes my neck and back let me know its not appreciated haha. My nose doesnt get runny at all, it mostly is just super stuffed up, and the insides of my nose gets all inflamed and crap. And I only take non-drowsy in the day and drowsy at night. I appreciate the advice tho !

Quoting Bonita131:

Pile up the pillows so you're propped up when you sleep instead of laying flat. Put bricks or chunks of wood under the feet of the head of your bed,  so your bed, and your head, will be always be raised, which in turn will help prevent the never ending nose goo from constantly going down your throat like it does when you lay flat. Buy some breath right strips, and a Vick's inhaler. Not a perfect solution, but they help a bit. Oh and look for an alergy med that doesn't say "Non drowsy" cause the stuff the non drowsy med has in it can oftentimes keep you awake at night.

dizzydreamer
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Have you tried Flonase (sp?)?

Emptyfeeling
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Yep, didnt work.

Quoting dizzydreamer:

dizzydreamer
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Have you tried moving to California? LOL.  My DH, DS and I all have bad allergies.  They were better for years in California, but they seem to be gearing up again :/

Quoting Emptyfeeling:

Yep, didnt work.

Quoting dizzydreamer:

Emptyfeeling
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM

My DH is opposed to moving to California haha

Quoting dizzydreamer:

Have you tried moving to California? LOL.  My DH, DS and I all have bad allergies.  They were better for years in California, but they seem to be gearing up again :/

Quoting Emptyfeeling:

Yep, didnt work.

Quoting dizzydreamer:

dizzydreamer
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Ah, nuts! Haha!

Quoting Emptyfeeling:

My DH is opposed to moving to California haha

Quoting dizzydreamer:

Quoting Emptyfeeling:

Yep, didnt work.

Quoting dizzydreamer:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)