Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Temping 101 help....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 12 Replies

So I'm not thinking my indent will turn to a bfp and my af is due Sunday so I'm thinking I'd like to try temping next cycle but know nothing about it.  Please, educate me lol....

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsLuciano02
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Always do it at the same time everyday, before you get out of bed, and get at least 3-4 hours of sleep before temping

mommyofone123
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Ditto! Also, temping is good at telling you you've ovulated, AFTER you ovulate. Do you use opk's or anything?

Quoting MrsLuciano02:

Always do it at the same time everyday, before you get out of bed, and get at least 3-4 hours of sleep before temping

Mrs_Blick
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Don't move before taking it. Temping vaginally is more accurate than orally.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsLuciano02
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I am this cycle but I think I missed the surge with my OPKS because I didn't use them while I was on vacation (I brought them with me but just didn't use them...was never near a bathroom long enough to test) and when I got home they were almost POS for 2 days then yesterday it went back to being NEG

Quoting mommyofone123:

Ditto! Also, temping is good at telling you you've ovulated, AFTER you ovulate. Do you use opk's or anything?

Quoting MrsLuciano02:

mommyofone123
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I know for me my temp is always 96-96.7 ish before ovulation. Then about a day before I ovulate it will dip lower (under 96 usually) then the next day it jumps to 97.0 or a little higher. then it slowly increases until af and then drops again. When I'm pregnant I've noticed that it shifts higher again around the time of implantation (usually above 98) and gets higher until I get my BFP. :)  (I think it's called a triphasic shift, it jumps at ovulation and then jumps at implantation)   :) 

mama2gg
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Presentations/ChartingBasics/

Charting course ... this is a link from under my account so you MAY need to start your own but it's free http://www.fertilityfriend.com/

brupert7
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM

This will really help you! You can also read the book Taking Control of Your Fertility. It's the book that fertility friend is based off of. Make sure to use OPKs as well to help you know when O is getting closer.

Quoting mama2gg:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Presentations/ChartingBasics/

Charting course ... this is a link from under my account so you MAY need to start your own but it's free http://www.fertilityfriend.com/

luchmommy
by Brooke on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Quoting mommyofone123:

Quoting MrsLuciano02:

Yes I dI'd this cycle

luchmommy
by Brooke on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Quoting Mrs_Blick:

Don't move before taking it. Temping vaginally is more accurate than orally.

Dumb question, but how exactly do you temp. Vaginally?

Seximama23
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:28 PM

This is the basal thermometer have and I love it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)