Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive
Anyone who has ever taken Clomid, whether it worked for you or not, can you please tell me your experience with it? Discharge, spotting, cramps, late/early period, etc.

I just want to compare symptoms. I'm on CD27. Pink spotting once and lots of brown jelly-like mucus since. I wanna know if it's from the Clomid. I haven't read anything about it online.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Replies (11-17):
KJ786
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Wow. So, nobody else had spotting? I am on day 27. Last Saturday, I had pink spotting that only lasted maybe two wipes. Every day since then, I have had brown jelly-like mucus. Last night, I saw a tiny bit of fresh blood mixed in. And today, the jelly mucus turned black, and now tonight, it looks just like brown blood you get before or after your period. My cycles are usually 31-35 days. I have no idea what is going on! I was hoping I was just having implantation bleeding, but why am I getting so much brown stuff for several days?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I took Clomid for two years every 60-90 days back when TTC my second. I never so much as ovulated. This time around TTC my 4th I took Clomid for two rounds. I ovulated both rounds but we didn't conceive. Both this times and last I conceived a few months after stopping the clomid ironically! I don't remember side effects on Clomid the first time. This last time I had horrible moodswings, and I just felt hormonally off. I also had cramping, headaches, etc. I did have spotting during my 2ww both times on clomid. Thats all I can think of!

tinkerbellp
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM

it made me hungry 

Wright77
by Shelley on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Hot Flashes , mood swings and terrible AF like cramping :( I am currently on my 3rd Clomid cycle at 100mg CD3-7 . Clomid has made my periods lighter but more painful . I have also gained 7 pounds from Clomid . GL and lots of baby dust
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
becs0808
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM

didn't have discharge issues but it can change up your cycle a bit. I would ovulate as late as CD 20 on clomid. My main issues were hot flashes and mood swings. But when I took it at night things werent as bad :) best of luck

mommyofone123
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Hello :)

I was on the 50mg for 4 cycles but it wasn't enough so they bumped me up to 100mg. I got pregnant with my 3 children (all singleton pregnancies) while on the 100 mg. DH and I started trying again thi past year and the 100mg wasn't working so they bumped me up to 150mg. I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant. :) 

For me I never had any spotting just normal period when not pregnant. I agree with everyone else about the hot flashes! And they get so much worse when I went from 100mg to 150mg. I also noticed vision changes when I took the 150mg.  It was at night around bedtime my periphereal vision would go funky for a few minutes and then be fine. It completely went away by the time I finished the 5 day treatment. 

Good luck!  :)

storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I had badddddd mood swings, swelling, bloating, ovulation pains, multiple eggs, and hot flashes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN