Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure if last night or today is cycle 1 day

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:20 PM
  • 15 Replies

Last night I had light pink and today seem to be med to light so I dont know what I should count on and also need to ask had anyone had great chance doing HSG then got pregnant? My appt is on Feb 25th

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xtriciax
by tricia on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:21 PM

the day with flow so im thinking today is cd1

lbrummett
by Lori on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Yes today would be cd 1
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tinkerbellp
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM

ok thanks guys  had anyone of done test called HSG to see if the tubes are opened?

over40bride
by Tracy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Quoting tinkerbellp:

ok thanks guys  had anyone of done test called HSG to see if the tubes are opened?

Yep CD1. I had pink and brown spotting yesterday with red spotting in the afternoon so I thought it was CD1 for me but called my RE and started red flow today and they said it was CD1 for me today.

I had the HSG test done 3 or 4 months ago. Are you going to get one done?

tinkerbellp
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:49 PM

yes, I m going to have it done on Mon tell me what u had on ur experince from it what was it like? What med did you take before the test?

Quoting over40bride:

Quoting tinkerbellp:

Yep CD1. I had pink and brown spotting yesterday with red spotting in the afternoon so I thought it was CD1 for me but called my RE and started red flow today and they said it was CD1 for me today.

over40bride
by Tracy on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Quoting tinkerbellp:

yes, I m going to have it done on Mon tell me what u had on ur experince from it what was it like? What med did you take before the test?

Quoting over40bride:

Quoting tinkerbellp:

My RE did it personally. He was very gentle. 

It was a lot like a pap smear. There was a TV monitor so I could see what he was doing.

I wasn't even nervous until a nurse came up from behind me and held my hand.

I said to her "oh, I guess this means it's going to hurt." She just smiled.

Right about then I felt some cramping almost like pinching it did hurt enough for me to squeeze her hand but only for a few seconds. My RE said that was when he was clearing out my tubes with the dye. (They were both blocked with some sort of mucus.) 

It was all very clinical and very sterile. I had to wear a hair cap, booties, and a hospital gown. 

It took all of maybe 5 minutes. I knew the results right then because he was telling me what he was doing and what he was seeing while he was performing it.

I took 6 Motrin before I went. (I was told to take 4.)

All in all it was a fairly easy practically pain free experience. 

I hope yours goes as smoothly. Keep us updated!

tinkerbellp
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:15 PM

thanks for getting back w me and  did they went head and fixed the problem and did he said how long it was going to heal if there is an plm? So I should take maybe more then 2 iburprofen it got 200 mg how could the tubes get blocked?

Quoting over40bride:

Quoting tinkerbellp:

Quoting over40bride:

Quoting tinkerbellp:

It was a lot like a pap smear. There was a TV monitor so I could see what he was doing.

Right about then I felt some cramping almost like pinching it did hurt enough for me to squeeze her hand but only for a few seconds. My RE said that was when he was clearing out my tubes with the dye. (They were both blocked with some sort of mucus.) 

It was all very clinical and very sterile. I had to wear a hair cap, booties, and a hospital gown. 

It took all of maybe 5 minutes. I knew the results right then because he was telling me what he was doing and what he was seeing while he was performing it.

Rachelz123
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I agree that today is CD1. I had an HSG done in April 2010. Take some Motrin before you go and wear a pad or panty liner. The test feels like bad menstrual cramps and only lasts a few minutes. Once the test is over no pain at all. I actually got pregnant that same cycle and got my BFP in May 2010. My DD just turned 2 :) Good luck and I hope everything works out for you!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
over40bride
by Tracy on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Quoting tinkerbellp:

thanks for getting back w me and  did they went head and fixed the problem and did he said how long it was going to heal if there is an plm? So I should take maybe more then 2 iburprofen it got 200 mg how could the tubes get blocked?

Quoting over40bride:

Quoting tinkerbellp:

Quoting over40bride:

Quoting tinkerbellp:

He didn't say what causes the blockage. I googled it and found it can be a lot of things.

He cleared everything out right then and there with the dye. He said it should stay clear for at least 8 months. There was nothing that needed healing.

I tend to take more Motrin for pain than I should so you should ask your Dr how much to take. In fact I'm sure you Dr can answer all your questions. Everyone is different. This is just my experience.

tinkerbellp
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I got an question if everything is ok so I can or might be able to get pregnant nxt month or the same month? Like for exmple: I have this done on Feb 25th and I want to do the insemation on March 6th n 7th you think I might be able to get pregnant right after the HSG or everyone is different?  

Quoting Rachelz123:

I agree that today is CD1. I had an HSG done in April 2010. Take some Motrin before you go and wear a pad or panty liner. The test feels like bad menstrual cramps and only lasts a few minutes. Once the test is over no pain at all. I actually got pregnant that same cycle and got my BFP in May 2010. My DD just turned 2 :) Good luck and I hope everything works out for you!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured