Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I don't know what to do :-/ UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 52 Replies
4 moms liked this

My mom just informed me she booked a trip for our whole family to go to The Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas this summer which is like my dream vacation. I know I'd still have fun if I was pregnant but obviously not as much fun if I wasn't. It's July 6... if I'm pregnant this month obviously I'll be happy but what would you do? Can you swim with dolphins when 6 months pregnant? Can you lay out in the sun?

UPDATE: I looked it up on the website and this is what it says

"If you are pregnant and are interested in experiencing a dolphin interaction, please consult your physician."

So its not forbidden! haha yay

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HW614
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM

You'd only be 6 months pregnant, not really big yet...I don't see why you couldn't still have a blast. I personally wouldn't wait, but I'm sure you'll make the right decision :)

xtriciax
by tricia on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM
3 moms liked this

i wouldnt wait the only thing you cant do would be drink and like parasailing. but its only a few months so idk lol

marissabrookee
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I wanna swim with dolphins, probably can't do that if I'm pregnant can I? and yeah I guess drinking is the only thing I wouldn't be able to do.

Quoting HW614:

You'd only be 6 months pregnant, not really big yet...I don't see why you couldn't still have a blast. I personally wouldn't wait, but I'm sure you'll make the right decision :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marissabrookee
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM
bump!
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Well then wait, if you were absolutely ready I think there wouldn't be a moment of second guessing. The trip seems pretty important to you. So I say go ahead and stop TTC and go on the trip. Have fun, it sounds like a good one!

toopicky429
by Jackie on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Why couldn't you? I've never heard of pregnancy preventing swimming. Go, and have a blast! :)

Quoting marissabrookee:

I wanna swim with dolphins, probably can't do that if I'm pregnant can I? and yeah I guess drinking is the only thing I wouldn't be able to do.

Quoting HW614:

4weeman
by Savana on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Swimming is a recommend workout for pregnant women because of zero gravity! Go for it !
marissabrookee
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:41 PM
no I know I can swim but I wasn't sure if it was allowed in the swimming with dolphins, I am not second guessing it really I just didnt know what all your opinions were.

Quoting 4weeman:

Swimming is a recommend workout for pregnant women because of zero gravity! Go for it !
marissabrookee
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
even if animals are involved? I guess I gotta look into it haha

Quoting toopicky429:

Why couldn't you? I've never heard of pregnancy preventing swimming. Go, and have a blast! :)

Quoting marissabrookee:

Quoting HW614:

toopicky429
by Jackie on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:43 PM
My husband and I went on a cruise several years ago, and I was like 8-10 weeks pregnant. The only thing they required a release for was ATV use, lol. At that time dolphins were ok. :)

Quoting marissabrookee:

even if animals are involved? I guess I gotta look into it haha

Quoting toopicky429:

Quoting marissabrookee:

Quoting HW614:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)