Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

does softcup give anyone pain?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:56 AM
  • 16 Replies

I tried using this twice...and both times I felt a very uncomfortable pressure/pain - can't pinpoint exactly where but somewhere inside. It's just a dull pain. I think I have to stop using it...

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ARClay
by Alyssa on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:08 AM
2 moms liked this
I use them for my periods and I have never even felt them when they're in. I'm not sure how you put it in, but make sure you push it all the at back and that it goes around your cervix. Hopefully you get it figured out, because it's not supposed to be uncomfortable.
charm2mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I can't feel them when I put them in, but then after a while the slow dull pain starts. I don't really push it in...but when I insert it, it just get sucked right in..LOL. Thanks for your response.

Quoting ARClay:

I use them for my periods and I have never even felt them when they're in. I'm not sure how you put it in, but make sure you push it all the at back and that it goes around your cervix. Hopefully you get it figured out, because it's not supposed to be uncomfortable.

ARClay
by Alyssa on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Hmmm. Well I don't know then. :-/ doesn't sound normal though. Maybe they're just not for everybody.

Quoting charm2mama:

mama2gg
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM
You are not putting them in right if they are causing pains dear they are made out of soft plastic they are softer than an erect male

Maybe your allergic to what they are made of
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coffeemom37043
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM

They never gave me pain, I just HATED getting them out -.- They need like a mini string or something lol

Dani1009
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I've tried them twice. After an hour or two, I started feeling that dull pressure you described. It isn't really painful, but it sure is uncomfortable. Enough to make me not like them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KJ786
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I use them for TTC, but I've never felt pain. The worst part is taking them out, it doesn't hurt, it's just uncomfortable, and makes you feel like you are pooping. Hahaha. I lay down on the bed and have my husband pull it out. lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM
It might be putting pressure in your cervix...depending on how low it is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tinkerbellp
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM

never had any plms w/ it 

MsWood729
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM

You might not be pushing it back enough.  I've used it with AF & TTC & have no issues with either time I've tried them

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN