Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

over the counter progesterone?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 11 Replies

what kind of progesterone should i get? the doc wants to wait till my tests results and such 3-4 wks but i believe i just O. im 1-2dpo and was gonna pick some up when i go to the store today. gonna wait till FF gives me some cross hairs to start using it (if you know how to use it comment too lol) just dont want to MC again if i do get preg because my blood work is still going through

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I bought 'FemGest Natural Progesterone' cream from GNC.......it just has to be natural & not synthetic mostly.

xtriciax
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM

how much and how did you use it since you seemed to have success lol

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

I bought 'FemGest Natural Progesterone' cream from GNC.......it just has to be natural & not synthetic mostly.

kaybri2012
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I use all natural progesterone cream. You rub a nickel sized amount on your tummy, inner legs or arms once or twice daily after o. I used it for my son.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xtriciax
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM

k  thank you

Quoting kaybri2012:

I use all natural progesterone cream. You rub a nickel sized amount on your tummy, inner legs or arms once or twice daily after o. I used it for my son.

DevonD83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I need to try OTC the cream/suppository doesn't work for me
SaGe_Ed
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I buy the GNC brand cream.  I use about 1/4 tsp twice a day.  Its in the section with the other supplements for menopausal women.

xtriciax
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM

k thnxs hun

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

I buy the GNC brand cream.  I use about 1/4 tsp twice a day.  Its in the section with the other supplements for menopausal women.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My naturopath recommended Metabolic Maintenance Natural Progeste Cream which you can get from Amazon - and likely other places as well.  She told me to use 2 pumps a day for 4 days, 4 pumps a day for 4 days & then 8 pumps a day for 4 days.  Test & if bfn quit using it (although I always started spotting by the end of my LP even before I quit it).

Rotate between your stomach, inner thighs, inner arms & chest.

It definitely helped raise my progesterone level.

xtriciax
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM

thank you for sharing how you do it 

Quoting GwenMB:

My naturopath recommended Metabolic Maintenance Natural Progeste Cream which you can get from Amazon - and likely other places as well.  She told me to use 2 pumps a day for 4 days, 4 pumps a day for 4 days & then 8 pumps a day for 4 days.  Test & if bfn quit using it (although I always started spotting by the end of my LP even before I quit it).

Rotate between your stomach, inner thighs, inner arms & chest.

It definitely helped raise my progesterone level.

tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

glad to know im so ready to use my cream fro m gnc and it cost me 14.99 for a 4oz jar.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN