Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

having a hard time

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 19 Replies

I just feel so down today, I just want to cry..i didn't know how hard it would be to get pregnant. We've been trying since July of 2012 and had a miscarriage in December..it also kills me (to be perfectly honest, some days more than others) to hear my coworkers talk about their babies and most of my friends getting pregnant without trying ..i guess I just need some encouragement

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayshopefull
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I myself as all the women here on this site can relate to you! We are all going through the long process of trying to get pregnant. My hubby and I have been trying since March 2012. I understand how hard it gets when others talk about their babies. What I do that helps me and it may sound a little weird but I talk about our baby with my hubby (even though he/she isnt here yet) we like to think about what he/she will look like and stuff like that. God will bless you soon enough you just have to be patient. I know its hard sometimes but look at this as a leason God is teaching you patience for when your precious gift finally arrives!

littleangelgone
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much, God bless you. You know, you're right, talking to my hubby does help, I feel like he is the only person who truly understands and he is so encouraging. I am tired of hearing people say oh stop thinking about it and it will happen.. 

Quoting alwayshopefull:

I myself as all the women here on this site can relate to you! We are all going through the long process of trying to get pregnant. My hubby and I have been trying since March 2012. I understand how hard it gets when others talk about their babies. What I do that helps me and it may sound a little weird but I talk about our baby with my hubby (even though he/she isnt here yet) we like to think about what he/she will look like and stuff like that. God will bless you soon enough you just have to be patient. I know its hard sometimes but look at this as a leason God is teaching you patience for when your precious gift finally arrives!

alwayshopefull
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel its really hard to find people who understand what you are going through. I know I tell my hubby all the time if i hear one more time "just relax it will happen" or "stop trying" i will scream!!!! 

Quoting littleangelgone:

Thank you so much, God bless you. You know, you're right, talking to my hubby does help, I feel like he is the only person who truly understands and he is so encouraging. I am tired of hearing people say oh stop thinking about it and it will happen.. 

Quoting alwayshopefull:

ilovekeith12
by Sara on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Yeah i hate when ppl say that .. I know a women who is 30 and she has 5 kids her hubby is gone 6 months out out of the year and she gets preg EVERY TIME they try . I am happy for her but its women like my friend who dont have a problem at all getting preggo that just dont get it ... Good luck and God bless

Quoting littleangelgone:

Quoting alwayshopefull:

Proud_Mommy05
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

My hubby and I have been trying for 15 cycles...still hoping for our BFP this month.  The best advice I can give, and trust me it's a doozy to do, is to stay positive!  As hard as that is, I have to tell myself every month that, there is always next month when AF shows.  I do my best to be happy for those who get pregnant and be excited for them!  It's hard and I know it is hard but you have to keep the faith that it will happen!

littleangelgone
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Same here. I the most sound advice I got was from people who actually had miscarriages and/or have been trying for a long time, sound and honest advice.

Quoting ilovekeith12:

Yeah i hate when ppl say that .. I know a women who is 30 and she has 5 kids her hubby is gone 6 months out out of the year and she gets preg EVERY TIME they try . I am happy for her but its women like my friend who dont have a problem at all getting preggo that just dont get it ... Good luck and God bless

Quoting littleangelgone:

Quoting alwayshopefull:

littleangelgone
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Thank you Proud_Mommy05, I really hope you get pregant soon! You're right, positivity definitely helps.

Quoting Proud_Mommy05:

My hubby and I have been trying for 15 cycles...still hoping for our BFP this month.  The best advice I can give, and trust me it's a doozy to do, is to stay positive!  As hard as that is, I have to tell myself every month that, there is always next month when AF shows.  I do my best to be happy for those who get pregnant and be excited for them!  It's hard and I know it is hard but you have to keep the faith that it will happen!

Proud_Mommy05
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Your welcome hun!  It's definately hard to keep positivity some times.  I have a very supportive husband who keeps me positive so I feel it my duty to remind others that we must continue to be positive! :)  I hope you get your BFP and sticky bean soon, my dear!!

Quoting littleangelgone:

Thank you Proud_Mommy05, I really hope you get pregant soon! You're right, positivity definitely helps.

Quoting Proud_Mommy05:

littleangelgone
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Thank you! I have to go to my friend's bday party today who is 7 months pregnant and has 2 little daughters, normally im ok but since today i'm feeling horrible eh its gonna be tough.

Quoting Proud_Mommy05:

Your welcome hun!  It's definately hard to keep positivity some times.  I have a very supportive husband who keeps me positive so I feel it my duty to remind others that we must continue to be positive! :)  I hope you get your BFP and sticky bean soon, my dear!!

Quoting littleangelgone:

Quoting Proud_Mommy05:

Proud_Mommy05
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

It's okay to have bad days, we all do.  Some are worse than others, we wouldn't be passionate about TTC if we didn't struggle just a little when others around us were getting pregnant!  Try to have a good time at the party.

Quoting littleangelgone:

Thank you! I have to go to my friend's bday party today who is 7 months pregnant and has 2 little daughters, normally im ok but since today i'm feeling horrible eh its gonna be tough.

Quoting Proud_Mommy05:

Quoting littleangelgone:

Quoting Proud_Mommy05:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN