Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

questions about temping and lp defects

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM
  • 6 Replies

Well, af showed yesterday. Little brat!  I was very hopeful this month!  Weird though is that she started 2 full days early and it's lighter for my first day than it usually is. I guess we'll see how it goes the rest of the time.  

Sad part is, I can't temp effectively since 1. I'm a mouth breather and that throws the temps off AND 2. my cycle tends to be too short for me to do it vaginally (ff won't really pick up an O date on the advanced setting if you don't have temps 6 days prior AND I don't think I can only get 5 temps in vaginally before I O IF I actually O mid-cycle.) 

This past cycle, it was 24 days and opk didn't show positive until cd15 which would mean I had a luteal phase of 7-9 days. Remember, I couldn't confirm with temp. However, the +opk did coincide with HSO cervix and EWCM.

I guess I have 2 questions...

1. should I try to temp vaginally after AF anyway just to see if my temps are more stable that way? Or would this be pointless as it may not even confirm O?

2. I was also extremely stressed this past week, so could that cause AF to come early or do you think I should talk to my dr in 4 months (that's the earliest she will see me as I am not deemed infertile yet...this is cycle 7 of ttc) about a possible lp defect?

~Alisonsimple smile

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kaybri2012
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:47 AM
It does seem like an lp defect. So the doc is a good plan. In the mean time, consider b6 and progesterone cream. It may help lengthen it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wantthatbaby46
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM

ok. I will definitely look into that.  What are your thoughts on the temping?

Quoting kaybri2012:

It does seem like an lp defect. So the doc is a good plan. In the mean time, consider b6 and progesterone cream. It may help lengthen it!

~Alisonsimple smile

wantthatbaby46
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:17 AM

BUMP!

SaGe_Ed
by Georgia on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM

You can temp vaginally during af.  Just be sure to clean the thermometer after each use (I clean it then wipe it with rubbing alcohol to make sure it's clean).  If you do have a luteal phase defect I would look into progesterone cream, and talk to your ob about it and see what they suggest.

kaybri2012
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I would try to temp vaginally. It may make a big difference.

Quoting wantthatbaby46:

ok. I will definitely look into that.  What are your thoughts on the temping?

Quoting kaybri2012:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wantthatbaby46
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM

okay. I will try that. Just a scary thought lol

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

You can temp vaginally during af.  Just be sure to clean the thermometer after each use (I clean it then wipe it with rubbing alcohol to make sure it's clean).  If you do have a luteal phase defect I would look into progesterone cream, and talk to your ob about it and see what they suggest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured