Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

First cycle ttc...with endometriosis.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 23 Replies

I was diagnosed with endometriosis at the age of 14.  I am turning 24 tomorrow.  So this has been a LONG rough 10 years.  I was blessed with a beautiful little boy, Caleb, when I was 19.  I have since had 4 miscarriages, 3 of which I got prego on birth control.  I have 6 months or less to get pregnant.  My body is not responding well to any of the medications used to help with my condition.  Even the Lysteda isnt working to stop the excess bleeding.  My dr and I are worried that I will literally bleed to death.  I'm not ready to give up my ability and right to have another baby...so we are going to try like hell.  This is my first cycle actually trying to conceive.  My cycles are anything but regular...so I made a dr appt to get some medical advice.  I knew that having "relations" every other day is the best way to ensure catching ovulation in an irregular cycle, so that is what we have been doing.  My dr told me to start using ovulation test strips.  I know I should have waited to start them, so that I wouldnt have been mid cycle...but baby fever took over lol.  I think that I actually caught the tail end of my Lh surge.  The first day (feb 28) test strip had a fairly dark line, but not quite as dark as the control line.  and they have gotten lighter in the following days.  Keeping our fingers crossed that we timed things just right, and that the egg takes! 

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trixie_gurl07
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I should have added in there, that I am in week 4 of no bleeding...which is the longest period of time I have not bled in close to a year!!  So maybe this cycle was a somewhat normal one and I did ovulate with it.  Fingers crossed!!

trixie_gurl07
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Started bleeding a few hours after i made this post. :(. better luck next month. hopefully testing with opk's and charting will help. could really use a little encouragement. my friends just don't understand. kinda frustrating.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dani1009
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM
I wish you all the best! Endometriosis is such a bizarre condition, I really hope research helps unlock some of the mystery of it soon!
Again, I wish you lots of luck! Keep us updated!
rockcrazyrebel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this

https://www.facebook.com/endometriosis.support.diet.tips?ref=ts&fref=ts

Thought I would share this with you. Sometimes there is some good info on there. I also have endometriosis but only Stage 2. I had a laproscopy back in 2011. I know it will never go away fully. I absolutely hate it. I hope you get some info from this site. And, Good Luck!!! :) :) :)

trixie_gurl07
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I have had 3 laproscopies, 2 d&c's, and a hysteroscopy in the last few years.  its a pain in the butt!!  aunt flo seems like she is backing off.  Going to start testing for ovulation tomorrow.  keeping fingers crossed!!!!  I want this so bad!

trixie_gurl07
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Af backed off but came back :(. ugh. not sure if I'm even going to ovulate this month. its early lol I'm just frustrated.
trixie_gurl07
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
opk getting darker! should o in next couple days :) bring on the baby dancing
sunflowergl
by amanda on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:07 PM
.GL!!! .fx!!
tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Good luck. Fingers crossed for you!
vigilente
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I'm new to the board too trying for a girl after four boys. Last week my ob hinted I may have endomeriosis initial stages. Said it's curable. Is it curable really? Any experienced opinion will be taken seriously cuz we need a girl anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)