Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Very frustrated

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:52 AM
  • 14 Replies
I have been trying since March of last year to get pregnant. I did get pregnant in July and had a miscarriage at 8 weeks called a blighted ovum. I got back on birth control and waited. I than got off of birth control with one week left of my pills in January of this year. My first ovulation was the 11th day and it was easy to track well, now this month I have been tracking it and its the 16th day before ovulation and still no ovulation. Yesterday I took an opk test that looked positive but, my temps were low this morning. I usually have a low temp drop and than it spikes up after ovulation the next day. Anyways I am just frustrated this month. I have been tracking and tracking and no sign of ovulation at least through temps or opk test. I thought for sure it would be the 12th day since last moth it was the 11th day... I guess my body is out of whack again with the stupid birth control pills I was on. :(
By the way I have 3 boys and never had any problems getting pregnant with them two of them were unplanned and one was planned but, not by tracking ovulation so this I know takes a lot of patience and I am trying to have it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilianasmom1116
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
my 3 kids are proof as well that it happens when u don't try as hard ;-) the only one we "tried" for took over two years to conceive... anyways, hang in there, it'll happen!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I understand your frustration. I had a miscarraige in early january. I'm on cd 15 and I still haven't got a positive ovulation strip or fertile cm. This is my first month back trying and I didn't temp this month. GL and and keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Supermomof3boy
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Thank you! Good luck to you as well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supermomof3boy
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM
The only reason I am even tracking ovulation is to see if the theory will work for a girl!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Thank you!

Quoting Supermomof3boy:

Thank you! Good luck to you as well!

MamaToCarson
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM

You can O anywhere from 12-48 hours after a positive OPK so if you had a pos OPK yesterday, it would make sense that your temp hasn't spiked!

Supermomof3boy
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:52 PM
But, I have noticed that when I take opk test I ovulate that day and the next day my temp spikes. So I am not sure.

Quoting MamaToCarson:

You can O anywhere from 12-48 hours after a positive OPK so if you had a pos OPK yesterday, it would make sense that your temp hasn't spiked!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pinkmani
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM

First off, I'm sorry about the miscarriage. If you don't mind sharing, how old are you?

MamaToCarson
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I usually have two days of pos OPK so maybe your body is just changing a bit. I'll post a pic.

Quoting Supermomof3boy:

But, I have noticed that when I take opk test I ovulate that day and the next day my temp spikes. So I am not sure.

Quoting MamaToCarson:

MamaToCarson
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Sat, sun, mon. I should wake up to a temp spike and a neg OPK tues or wed!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)