Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

What did you guys do?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:14 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, even though AF is late, that I'm not pregnant. I don't feel it like I thought I did and realistically, DH and I didn't bend over backwards and pull tricks out of our hats to up the chances. We did the simple- look at the calendar and do a lot of horizontal mambo-ing. 

What would you lovely ladies suggest for cycle 2? Since it'd only be our 2nd try, should I invest in a special thermometer? OPKs? Preseed? Or should we just do another round of counting and tilted hips? 

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifelover104
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on if you wanna take the stress away or of you really wanna do anything and everything you can. If you do I would say pressed, opk, I took mucinex to help out with the cm, temping (I've heard mixed thinga) stress free way just bd a lot and elevate for 15-20 mn after. 

sprinkles9112
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe I'll try to find a happy medium. Temp and tilt LOL 

Ashtonsmommy21
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

This is my second cycle ttc too.  I temp and chart and bd before and after I o just to make sure.  Hopefully it works out.  I know a lot of ladies on here will have suggestions.  Last month I was just winging it but this month we are really trying everything we can. 

lifelover104
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I like it! Sounds like a dance move! 

Quoting sprinkles9112:

Sammi20
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Make an ovulation siggy So you know when you Should be trying like in my siggy :) I stopped "Trying" anything other than that because I get too flustered. Now I just look at my siggy and go "Ope Hunny it's time to dance!" lol Good luck! (Oh and take Fish oil if you do get pregnant! Helps with brain development!!!)

baby dust

amc103
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I think too many couples focus on when the woman ovulates.... and they do the deed around that time only. With both babies, DH and I just had sex every two to three days of my whole cycle....its a lot and its tireing, but it worked both times! (and of course when I was supposedly ovulating) Cover all your bases and DTD like bunnies for a whole month, or two or three! You'll catch the egg! :-)

sprinkles9112
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Pretty sure DH would NOT complain!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Proud_Mommy05
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I agree with this!  Good luck!

Quoting sprinkles9112:

luchmommy
by Brooke on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Opk's will def. give you an idea of your best time to bd.  it will also give you an idea of when you usually o so you'll know for each cycle.  Also fertility friend app does a great job tracking your info and it's super day!

luchmommy
by Brooke on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Not day, easy!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)