Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

OPK as HPT?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM
  • 27 Replies

Is there any truth to the whole theory that an OPK can be used as an HPT? I read the research on peeonastick.com and I am honestly not sure how I feel about it. I need to get out and get an HPT, but I am home alone with the kiddo tonight. So, hopefully tomorrow!

Anyone have any experience using an OPK as an HPT? Something has to explain the bloated feeling. I feel like there is a brick in my uterus! And (tmi) the gas....oh my god, the gas. Any input is appreciated :)

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I got a line on a opk days before my pregnancy test registered. I'm now 5 months pregnant.

justme00
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Yes it works. Be care full tho and don't forget all opks have a faint line all the time. From my understanding the test line needs to be darker then control line same as when you O. So faint lines dont mean pos like it would on an HTTP.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellybean8686
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I didn't know you could do that...I am now tempted to try.

hmccord
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I have been researching this for like an hour and a half now. Research is all over the place! I posted this bc I was thinking about buying an hpt and I realized I still had some OPKs in the bathroom. So, I took 2 and they were VERY positive. I should also mention that I have PCOS. I am only bringing it up bc I read that if you have PCOS, your LH is very high. So, now I am not sure.

jellybean8686
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:28 AM

You sparked my interest so much I decided to test myself. I got a very dark line. I'm trying really hard not to get excited about this as it could very well be wrong but here is to hoping we both get are BFP soon. fingers crossed

hmccord
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM

What day are you at in your cycle? I think I am late, but last month was my first cycle that wasn't out of whack. I have been on Metformin for about 6 weeks. Its so funny, if this is it, bc DH and I had just talked about maybe holding off on TTC for awhile, til we move home. But, I told him how I am feeling and he is happy. So, its nice to feel the support, but I am a little scared. I am also nervous to get my hopes up just to have it taken away.

Quoting jellybean8686:

You sparked my interest so much I decided to test myself. I got a very dark line. I'm trying really hard not to get excited about this as it could very well be wrong but here is to hoping we both get are BFP soon. fingers crossed

jellybean8686
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I am 10 dpo. My period is due on Saturday. So it may be too early for me to test with a home pregnancy test just yet. That's why I'm trying so hard not to get excited. The support right now is certainly helping. you rock

hmccord
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Of course....message me anytime :)simple smile

Quoting jellybean8686:

I am 10 dpo. My period is due on Saturday. So it may be too early for me to test with a home pregnancy test just yet. That's why I'm trying so hard not to get excited. The support right now is certainly helping. you rock

bshaw913
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I got a. Super faint bfp on a pregnancy test at 9dpo, and on 14 dpo my hcg was high enough to make a ridiculously dark pos opk :)
jellybean8686
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:36 AM
So I've been charting my bbt for the last month or so and since I ovulated my tempature has been between 98.0 and 98.1 yesterday it spiked to 98.6 but today it dropped to 97.8. I didnt sleep well last night and am wondering if that could factor in. However I woke up this morning with sore boobs and extremely nauseous. My sense of smell was also very strong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)