Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there any truth to the whole theory that an OPK can be used as an HPT? I read the research on peeonastick.com and I am honestly not sure how I feel about it. I need to get out and get an HPT, but I am home alone with the kiddo tonight. So, hopefully tomorrow!

Anyone have any experience using an OPK as an HPT? Something has to explain the bloated feeling. I feel like there is a brick in my uterus! And (tmi) the gas....oh my god, the gas. Any input is appreciated :)

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Replies (21-27):
j_shorty
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM
I'm 9dpo and I got a faint line yesterday and its got a little dark today wish me much x
lifelover104
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck, fx! 

Quoting j_shorty:

I'm 9dpo and I got a faint line yesterday and its got a little dark today wish me much x

hmccord
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Another positive OPK tonight. I don't get it. I'm on CD 33. BFN this morning. I am so confused. Still bloated though! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I got my first positive on a wondfo hpt at 9 dpo. I didn't believe it was real. I got another positive hpt at 10dpo. So I took a wondfo opk and it was really dark (not positive but sooo close) so it made me think maybe it was possible. I took another wonfo opk and hpt at 11dpo and both were positive. By 12 dpo when I got a positive digital my opk test line was actually darker then the control line. My hcg was 32 then!

www.peeonastick.com is right, they aren't accurate before a hpt would be. But you can get a positive on them when your preggo and your hcg gets high enough!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Maybe your Oing late?

Quoting hmccord:

Another positive OPK tonight. I don't get it. I'm on CD 33. BFN this morning. I am so confused. Still bloated though! Lol

hmccord
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I'm not sure. I have been driving myself crazy the last 2 days researching it! I think tonight it may not have been positive....it was barely lighter. You had to really look to see the difference.

As far as Oing late, it is possible. Bc of the PCOS, I'm just not sure. But, we BD tonight, just in case ;) I think I will wait a few more days, maybe even a week.

Congrats on your BFP! I have never commented really, but I read your posts. I'm happy for you:)

Quoting NoraDun:

Maybe your Oing late?

Quoting hmccord:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!!! Good Luck, hope you Od and caught that egg!!!

Quoting hmccord:

I'm not sure. I have been driving myself crazy the last 2 days researching it! I think tonight it may not have been positive....it was barely lighter. You had to really look to see the difference.

As far as Oing late, it is possible. Bc of the PCOS, I'm just not sure. But, we BD tonight, just in case ;) I think I will wait a few more days, maybe even a week.

Congrats on your BFP! I have never commented really, but I read your posts. I'm happy for you:)

Quoting NoraDun:

Maybe your Oing late?

Quoting hmccord:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured