Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get Advice on Getting Pregnant Here!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 1:58 PM
  • 18 Replies
4 moms liked this

Sometimes getting pregnant is a little more complicated than birds & bees. But if you're having a hard time conceiving, don't stress! 

We've collected the BEST answers to all your trying-to-conceive questions, gathered from the experiences and opinions of women like you. Find them right here!

UNDERSTANDING FERTILITY

Conception Basics:

Fertility Signs: 

Sex and Conception: 

Ovulation and Conception:

Male Fertility: 

FERTILITY PROBLEMS

Damaged Fallopian Tubes:

Unexplained Infertility:

Endometriosis and Fertility:

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and Fertility:

FERTILITY CHARTING BASICS

Cycle Charting Basics:

Basal Body Temperature Basics:

Ovulation Predictor Kit Basics:

FERTILITY DRUGS & TREATMENTS

Fertility Treatment Options:

Fertility Drug Basics:

In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Basics:

Fertility Treatment Costs:

ALTERNATIVE FERTILITY TREATMENT METHODS

Acupuncture for Fertility:

Supplements for Increased Fertility:

EMOTIONAL HEALTH & FERTILITY

Fertility and Your Feelings:

Fertility and Your Relationship:

Fertility and Your Familiy:

PREPARING FOR PREGNANCY

Your Health & Getting Pregnant:

EARLY PREGNANCY

Pregnancy Tests:

Early Pregnancy Symptoms:

Find more advice for moms, from CafeMoms here: 

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ToughLilMan1208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Great info..heres something to add
I had 14 cysts, the largest was 8..never did anything about them due to no insurance..but after marrying DH, I googled herbs to help with fertility issues, and took this herb..work my 1st cycle on it..DS is 4 now. I share this with everyone..the herb is Fertility xx..heres some info on it below, no one ever replies to me thinking I sell this stuff I guess, but I dont..Lol I found it at www.nativeremedies.com If you go to there site and search herbs for fertility, you'll find others that may help you to..I copied this from their site.. What is Fertile XX?

Herbal fertility tonics have been part of traditional medicine all over the world for many thousands of years. Fertile XX is a 100% safe, non-addictive, natural herbal tonic containing a selection of herbs to support fertile conditions for ovulation and conception. Fertile XX has been used for many years to safely maintain harmony, health, and systemic balance in the female reproductive system. Fertile XX also supports a healthy uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, and reproductive functioning. Regular use of Fertile XX supports normal hormone balance in the female body as well as healthy egg production and regular menstruation and ovulation while also supporting overall systemic health which is beneficial to the pregnancy and conception process. The formula remains true to the whole spectrum method of herbal extraction, ensuring the bio-availability and balance of all the active ingredients contained in the remedy. This method of manufacture also significantly reduces the likelihood of side effects and maintains all active ingredients in perfect balance – exactly as nature intended!

Laying the groundwork to support fertility

Around the world on a daily basis, millions of couples try to conceive. Unfortunately, sometimes this is easier said than done. Some women seem to conceive with ease time and time again, while others may take a little longer than expected. Ovulation occurs in a woman when the ovary releases an egg about halfway through the menstrual cycle. The egg then passes down into the fallopian tubes. If a woman has had sex and there are sperm present, the egg can then be fertilized and conception occurs. The fertilized egg then travels into the uterus, where it implants itself in the uterine lining approximately 6 - 10 days after conception. Because there are many factors that contribute to fertility, it is important to consult with your doctor to rule out structural or genetic problems if you are finding pregnancy, conception and fertility difficult to achieve. No medicine (including herbal medicine) can help if there are severe structural or genetic problems that affect fertility. It is important to know the cause so that you receive the correct treatment.

The natural way

Natural remedies have been used in traditional medicine for thousands of years to support the solid health of the female reproductive system, supporting healthy and efficient ovulation and conditions for conception. In more recent times, research has confirmed this traditional wisdom. For this reason, naturopaths treat the individual holistically and focus on a variety of factors to include diet, lifestyle, personality type, surroundings, and emotional elements – thereby supporting the health of the individual as a whole (rather than treating problems in isolation). Good conception tips include keeping a healthy weight (not underweight or overweight), as it’s the body’s way of judging if you can sustain a pregnancy. It is important not to view fertility in isolation, as it encompasses many different areas of functioning. Emotional health is also important and many experts agree that stress and even past trauma may play a part in a woman’s ability to become pregnant. Women who struggle to get pregnant despite a clean bill of reproductive health from their doctors should try reducing stress levels and even consider consulting a psychologist to ensure that there are no emotional barriers inhibiting pregnancy. Natural flower essences may also be very useful to support emotional conditions around conception.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mdawn028
by Dawna on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Thank u hon very helpful info. Thanks again hon. Hugs Dawna
Sabuchler
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Is it just my phone or are none of these links working??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DBone_Holmes
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Advice from a woman NOT trying to conceive but did: 

My friend for 6 years and I finally became an item, we were having a great time and started drinking 1-3 of the little Extra Strength 5 hour energy shots a day! (The ones in the little black bottles) or if those weren't available, we would drink the Berry. The pomegranite is good, but sometimes hard to find. I think the Pink Lemonade and Grape, Lime, Orange are all nasty. They're almost $3 a piece which is insane, but we just wanted a healthier alternative than coffee. Please keep in mind, I was 32 and married once before. If I couldn't handle a baby, I abstained from sex - but 3 months into our relationship, I was pregnant for the first time in my life! I honestly believe that it was all of the B vitamins and the HUGE amounts of Folic Acid in those things. After I found out I was pregnant, I stopped drinking them and started pranatals and such because I'm sure the high caffiene content isn't good for a pregnant woman - but I had to share my experience with this group - It could just be coincidence but since it couldn't really hurt a healthy person trying to conceive, I wanted to share. 

bbybby91
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Hi ladies! yesterday (05/16) was my reported O date... I woke up yesterday with cramps in my extreme lower abdomine, today I checked and I had CM the consistancy of egg whites. I have never tracked this much and I am hoping and praying that I actually O'ed. Any advice on symptoms of conception will be well appreciated. 

Thanks in advance ladies!!! 

Baby dust to us all!!!

baby dust

bbybby91
by Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM
2 moms liked this
And here's a slight update... I'm now 3 days late and showing a lot of pregnancy symptoms... Gonna test on Wednesday
ce2poetry
by Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Ladies what does it mean when you spotted very little for 2 days and not due to start period for another 2 weeks?
PikachuLuver
by on Jun. 8, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Update??

Quoting bbybby91:

And here's a slight update... I'm now 3 days late and showing a lot of pregnancy symptoms... Gonna test on Wednesday

bbybby91
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM
The test was negative, and I still haven't gotten af
sianlovekyle
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

hello i am trying to get pregnant and having no luck and it really getting me down as i see babies everywhere and really wont to be come a mum could i get some help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured