Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever did bleach pregnancy test??

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:13 AM
  • 7 Replies
My period was due today and she is no show. I'm at work and I decided I'd try the bleach test.

I've done it before and when I did it it just bubbled. I didn't get pregnant that month. Anyway I just did it thinking I'd get same reaction....but it exploded ( like I'd opened a keg) It went out of cup all over table. I can't get in there cause bleach smell is so bad.

What am I going to tell my boss in morning that I cleaned bathroom with bleach....anyway have any of u did this and what result did u get. BTW I did hpt 4 days ago and it was bfn.

UPDATE Total myth...took test today got my big fat bfn...just waiting for AF to show.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TTC2Long
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:17 AM
No, mixing bleach and ammonia is very dangerous and toxic. Inhaling the fumes of the bleach alone is a bad idea. Now you and your coworkers have to inhale it. Getting it on your skin is worse. I'd rather pay $1 for a test.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tiffanydenise
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:31 AM

I think a bunch of the ladies in here have done the bleach test and are perfectly fine. You may be able to find the post. I say go ahead and test since it's been 4 days. Maybe you'll get that bfp!  Good Luck!!

aritoyh
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:36 AM

You shouldn't mix bleach and urine. It's toxic. 

WOFFT
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Its a good sign. Test! Good Luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firstcamelove
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Im 5days late, i just did the bleach thing last night and did the same thing!! Fizzled alllll over haha luckily it was outiside :)
But i took a test today and it says neg.. Gahh!! Hope we both get our bfp! Good luck! Fx
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsBell29
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I did do it , because someone wanted to know it worked.  I was about 8-9 weeks pregnant, and it did fizz alittle but not enough to be conveiced or reliable.

Mama_Dolly
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM

youre supose to do it outside.... cuse of the fumes... i hope your ok

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)