Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

metformin anyone?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 30 Replies

What are the doses that everyone is on?  How long have you been on it and have you ever concieved with it? What symptoms do/did you have?

I was on metformin for 3.5 months before I got my BFP for my son.  If I'm thinking right, I was on 500 in the am and 500 in the pm.  My doctor has me on it again.  This time 1000 just in the am.  I just started it this week and the gas is horrible but not as bad as the puking from my behind....lol.  I don't remember it being this bad before:/  

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I was on it for a bit but side effects where too much for me gl to you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dani1009
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I take 750 mg extended release, twice per day. I've been on it for 7 months now, no pregnancy yet :(
It took 2 weeks for my tummy to settle down after I started taking it. Recently, my pharmacy got the metformin from a different manufacturer. They assured me it was exactly the same, but just as I feared, I had to endure another 2 weeks of diarrhea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsallen3912
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I have been on it for almost 5 years, no BFP yet. :(

trinsmom04
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I'm just starting it today. I am supposed to take 500 mg twice a day.

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I have been on metformin since May 15th, 2012.............when i conceived in january i was on 2,500mg a day............now i am on 1,500mg a day & I am 9.5 wks pregnant.

This is my 1st baby (of 4) that i was on metformin with when i conceived.

smyle17
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Quoting Dani1009:

I take 750 mg extended release, twice per day. I've been on it for 7 months now, no pregnancy yet :(
It took 2 weeks for my tummy to settle down after I started taking it. Recently, my pharmacy got the metformin from a different manufacturer. They assured me it was exactly the same, but just as I feared, I had to endure another 2 weeks of diarrhea.

Are you on anything else to help? They talked about putting me on clomid after 4 months. Hope you get your bfp soon!
smyle17
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Quoting trinsmom04:

Gl and keep me posted :-) we both started about the same time!
smyle17
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

I have been on metformin since May 15th, 2012.............when i conceived in january i was on 2,500mg a day............now i am on 1,500mg a day & I am 9.5 wks pregnant.

This is my 1st baby (of 4) that i was on metformin with when i conceived.

So sorry about you losses. Congrats on being preggers:-) they still have you taking it while Preggo? I think they told me to quit taking it after I got my bfp.
trinsmom04
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Quoting smyle17:

Quoting trinsmom04:

Gl and keep me posted :-) we both started about the same time!

Thanks. I just now took it so now I get to wait it out and see if I get hit with the awful side effects I keep reading about (I had to talk myself into taking it, which I'm sure didn't help, lol). I don't do meds unless I have no choice so it's a big step for me to willingly take it. Hopefully it works for us both soon! :)

brandie1470
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I am not on it. I just had all my hormones and stuff checked through blood yesterday. I am waiting on that to get back and we are going to talk about using it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)