• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got my Doppler today , picture included !

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 19 Replies

I got my Sonoline Doppler today, I am 11 weeks and I tired it.  I did pick up on the baby's heartbeat , but it didnt register on the doppler with a number because I was on Signal 3.  My question is does any body have this doppler and how does it work LOL

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Yes I have it it works well I picked up this baby at 8.3 weeks I only use setting one and I use plain aloe it works better than their gel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I have it. I found the baby at 8 wks 3 days, but since I have only caught it for split seconds. Baby is still so small, and can hide behind the pubic bone. So if you find it here or there I wouldn't worry. And there is SOOO much to listen to in there, you can find arteries, and the placenta, and your heartbeat, etc.

But mine works really well!! Enjoy it, it brings so much peace!

MrsBell29
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM

There gel does suck ass LOL  I swear i picked up on it once.  but i was in signal 3 and didnt know how to pick up the number.  LOL I just found out and tried it again and now cant find it.  I am going to wait until DH gets home.  Anyway HOW ARE YOU DOING ?

Quoting mama2gg:

Yes I have it it works well I picked up this baby at 8.3 weeks I only use setting one and I use plain aloe it works better than their gel

MrsBell29
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Thanks, that what happened.  I found it for a second and have tried since then and cant find it now LOL  I am gonna wait until DH gets home.

Quoting NoraDun:

I have it. I found the baby at 8 wks 3 days, but since I have only caught it for split seconds. Baby is still so small, and can hide behind the pubic bone. So if you find it here or there I wouldn't worry. And there is SOOO much to listen to in there, you can find arteries, and the placenta, and your heartbeat, etc.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Its very common!!! No worries. By 12-14 wks it should be much easier and more common to find!!! This little one likes to sit close to my iliac artery. When I first picked it up it was far enough away to get just baby nice and strong, but lately I pic up the artery and I can hear the baby's heartbeat under it. So its not as easy to pic up and the heartbeat doesn't pick up on the monitor because it pics up the artery at about 120-130. It definitely takes practice, and the baby co-operating LOL

Quoting MrsBell29:

Thanks, that what happened.  I found it for a second and have tried since then and cant find it now LOL  I am gonna wait until DH gets home.

Quoting NoraDun:

mama2gg
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Wonderful she will be here in 24 days or less

When looking for hb at 15 weeks or under go RIGHT above your pubic bone and point down then slowly up then left and right slowly. ...

Baby will be now where near belly button or hip area

And be sure its not you cause it picks up on in And outs our hb will sound fast

Quoting MrsBell29:

There gel does suck ass LOL  I swear i picked up on it once.  but i was in signal 3 and didnt know how to pick up the number.  LOL I just found out and tried it again and now cant find it.  I am going to wait until DH gets home.  Anyway HOW ARE YOU DOING ?

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Totally agree ! Heck even now at 36 if she wants to she can hide from it lol

Quoting NoraDun:

Its very common!!! No worries. By 12-14 wks it should be much easier and more common to find!!! This little one likes to sit close to my iliac artery. When I first picked it up it was far enough away to get just baby nice and strong, but lately I pic up the artery and I can hear the baby's heartbeat under it. So its not as easy to pic up and the heartbeat doesn't pick up on the monitor because it pics up the artery at about 120-130. It definitely takes practice, and the baby co-operating LOL

Quoting MrsBell29:

Quoting NoraDun:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Oh yea, Laylah used to hide from it farther along to. I would have to poke her around to get it straight. I used to talk crap to her too LOL, "Girl if you don't move so I can hear you.....Oh you turkey" LOL Me and her used to have some battles in the womb FYI we still have battles now that she is out the womb somethings never change HAHA!

Quoting mama2gg:

Totally agree ! Heck even now at 36 if she wants to she can hide from it lol

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting MrsBell29:

Quoting NoraDun:

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Yea I agree, my uterus is high but even if your uterus is higher baby is so tiny and still tends to stay behind or right above the pubic bone, So look LOW!!

Quoting mama2gg:

Wonderful she will be here in 24 days or less

When looking for hb at 15 weeks or under go RIGHT above your pubic bone and point down then slowly up then left and right slowly. ...

Baby will be now where near belly button or hip area

And be sure its not you cause it picks up on in And outs our hb will sound fast

Quoting MrsBell29:

Quoting mama2gg:

Rushn311
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I really want a doppler now that some of you ladies have gotten yours. I never thought about it before. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)