Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you seen this video? Amazing!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

Infant self rescue! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwvv5IyPkXM 

This is another longer video of the baby in blue. He is in the pool for five full minutes! Incredible.

If I am blessed with another baby I will learn how to teach them this.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I've seen it all kids around water or pool daily need this

Many call it child abuse but I think its abuse to NOT teach and protect your kids from what they are exposed to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
his88angel
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:35 PM
How are they teaching these kids?
over40bride
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Quoting mama2gg:

Many call it child abuse but I think its abuse to NOT teach and protect your kids from what they are exposed to.

Abuse? Are they high? Here in the Phoenix area an average of 137 children drown in the summer months. 100+ of those are under the age of 5! 

One drowning is one too many.

mama2gg
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Most are 6-8 week training starting naked learning to flip from belly to back then adding clothes a full on grad can do it fully dressed, in a jacket and snow suit

Quoting his88angel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Totally agree !

We had a family friend lose her dd at 3 she was knocked into pool by the family dog, mom saw it from kitchen by the time she ran to the pool, jumped in, and got to her...her dd had FREAKED out and drown in less than 1min.

Quoting over40bride:

Quoting mama2gg:

Abuse? Are they high? Here in the Phoenix area an average of 137 children drown in the summer months. 100+ of those are under the age of 5! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
over40bride
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Quoting his88angel:

It's explained on this website here...http://www.infantswim.com/lessons/isr-lessons.html

over40bride
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Quoting mama2gg:

Totally agree !

We had a family friend lose her dd at 3 she was knocked into pool by the family dog, mom saw it from kitchen by the time she ran to the pool, jumped in, and got to her...her dd had FREAKED out and drown in less than 1min.

Quoting over40bride:

Quoting mama2gg:

So sad. crying mini

PATTYMALT27
by PATRICIA on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
For some reason this video made me cry but that's so cool to teach an infant
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this

cool. I remember some summers ago i stayed in an apartment. I went and gotten my bf and her son he was 3 at the time. He walked to the other end of the pool with some kids and i was swimming and his mom was talking to another adult next thing i know he was standing on the edge in a dive position. I swam my life away to the 8 ft. Soon as I gotten to the 8ft sign he dove in head first. I couldnt breath but GOD HAD to breath life in me allowed me to get to him and save him from drowning.

Praise GOD he is alive

over40bride
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Quoting tiffluv81:

cool. I remember some summers ago i stayed in an apartment. I went and gotten my bf and her son he was 3 at the time. He walked to the other end of the pool with some kids and i was swimming and his mom was talking to another adult next thing i know he was standing on the edge in a dive position. I swam my life away to the 8 ft. Soon as I gotten to the 8ft sign he dove in head first. I couldnt breath but GOD HAD to breath life in me allowed me to get to him and save him from drowning.

Praise GOD he is alive

praise God and you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)