Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 13 Replies
Now that my period has finally come,dh and I are trying to decide if we want to continue ttc or if we should take a break. My last pregnancy 1/20 ended on 1/28. It was devastating to us bc it was our first pregnancy. Anyways, after 39 long days my cycle finally started over.
What would you do? Would you try again this soon or wait a few more cycles, say may-July? Dr says we can try as soon as this cycle.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EAzizM
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I waited 2 months after my miscarriage. I am too impatient. Lol
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM

same thing happened to me, we took it as a good sign that we CAN get pregnant and my doc said it was very common for a first pregnancy to end that way. in the end its what you want to do. We are continuously trying and waiting to see what fate brings. Unfortunately during this process it gives and takes a lot and can wear on a person. Try not to be discouraged and try again when you guys are ready =) (i've also been taking prenatals to help my body be ready, it doesnt hurt and may help with this too). Good Luck in whichever you decide! =) 

Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM
My dh and I lost our baby in early January. We started trying this cycle. I think it will just be up to you and your dh if you are ready. Good luck and I hope you get a bfp soon if that's what you decide :-)
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM
When I had my MC we waited about 5 months but I was only 23....now at almost 29 I'd go right away. I think it all depends on how you feel
xtriciax
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM

i just had a mc at 5 wks last cycle and think i just got the start of my bfp. so i waited 2 weeks. it was my 3rd mc in 4 yrs (4th pregnancy) we will see how it turns out

storkneedsgps
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I'd try whenever you feel up to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juniper1745
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I will be turning 29 this year!!! So I do feel like my clock is ticking.

Quoting Proud-mama-05:

When I had my MC we waited about 5 months but I was only 23....now at almost 29 I'd go right away. I think it all depends on how you feel

juniper1745
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:48 AM
We too saw getting pregnant as a positive as did my doctor. I've been taking prenatals since jan. like you said it doesn't hurt!

Quoting rwcw89:

same thing happened to me, we took it as a good sign that we CAN get pregnant and my doc said it was very common for a first pregnancy to end that way. in the end its what you want to do. We are continuously trying and waiting to see what fate brings. Unfortunately during this process it gives and takes a lot and can wear on a person. Try not to be discouraged and try again when you guys are ready =) (i've also been taking prenatals to help my body be ready, it doesnt hurt and may help with this too). Good Luck in whichever you decide! =) 

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:51 AM

i wish you a lot of luck! =) 

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Yeah I'll be 29 in just under 2 wks. We can officially start ttc the day before my b-day. I really want to be pregnant by my 30th if not already have the baby so time is a ticking

Quoting juniper1745:

I will be turning 29 this year!!! So I do feel like my clock is ticking.

Quoting Proud-mama-05:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)