• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ovulation Questions! :)

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok...so I used ovulation predictor strips when we were TTC with my son and I got pregnant so quickly (two months) that I didn't rely on them too much.  So...with that said, we are currently using them to get pregnant with our second child. The line was light up until yesterday it was at it's darkest (still not as dark or darker than the control line) and today, the line is lighter.  Does that mean ovulation already occurred and it's now going to just keep getting lighter, or is it still possible that it hasn't happened yet? Or was that one day when it was at its darkest probably the ovulation ? I just didn't know if they go from light to dark and then light again or if it's possible for it to fluctuate (light and dark) several times during a cycle. Not sure if I am making any sense. haha!

Second question, if that was my ovulation date (day 12) what are my MOST fertile days? We weren't able to have sex yesterday but did today and on Day 10.  Thanks everyone!!! Good luck to you all!

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jacksmommy30
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM
When was the first day of your last AF? How long are your cycles? Let's start there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MCF118
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Feb. 25th was the first day of my cycle but wasn't expecting AF until the 27th, but with getting off birth control in the middle of February, I'm not sure what the cycle length would be. I am usually super regular and usually have regular 28 day cycles.  Which is why I was using the OPKs this month because I had no idea when to expect O having just stoped BCP

MCF118
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:02 PM

PS: My baby boy is Jack too :) Good name huh? :)

cem9532
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I have noticed this time around mine seem to getting darker and lighter. I have tested alot more and earlier than usual since we are actively ttc. The other day it was alot darker than i expected, but still not a positive, and then lightened up. Now its seems to be getting darker again, Im expecting a positive some time in the next 3 days. So I would still hold out hope that you didnt miss it.

Jacksmommy30
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM
That's an awesome name!!! Well I know you are unsure about cycle length. I am too because I had a DNC on 2/8/13, so I used OPK this time, for that reason. I would say between March 8-13th. That is my best guess with the information you gave me.

I have no idea why the OPK got lighter GL
soon2bemama2008
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM
First day of my last period was feb 24th and I haven't had a positive opk yet. I'd keep testing.

Quoting MCF118:

Feb. 25th was the first day of my cycle but wasn't expecting AF until the 27th, but with getting off birth control in the middle of February, I'm not sure what the cycle length would be. I am usually super regular and usually have regular 28 day cycles.  Which is why I was using the OPKs this month because I had no idea when to expect O having just stoped BCP

xtriciax
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM

mine got darker then lighter without beinng as dark as control... the a few days later i got a positive

MCF118
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Have you gotten a positive OPK yet? I'm still waiting :( on CD16)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)