Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ordered my first OPK kit, when should I start testing?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 4 Replies
It should be here on Tuesday. The fist day of my chart that's highlighted as fertile is Wednesday so I was thinking I should start testing then. That would be CD 11. Is that right? Should I be looking for a change in temperature or should I be paying more attention to EWCM? How often should I test and how often should we BD? Last cycle we BD every night I was highlighted as fertile on my app but still missed it. Sorry for all the ?? I just started charting and all that so I am pretty confused. I have read through all your posts but I've gone cross eyed trying to sort through everything.
Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM

depends, how many did you get? i order the ones from ebay and start right after my pd stops. usually end up with a positive CD 12 and 13. i haven't been overly obsessive with checking the mucus, but i have noticed im more in the mood during that time. good luck! 

jamielynn0709
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Yes, if you got a bunch of them I would start tuesday when you get them. Also, if this is your first time using them I would use them 2 or 3 times a day until you get a positive. I positive will be when the test line is just as dark or darker than the control line.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Quoting jamielynn0709:

Yes, if you got a bunch of them I would start tuesday when you get them. Also, if this is your first time using them I would use them 2 or 3 times a day until you get a positive. I positive will be when the test line is just as dark or darker than the control line.

This

GwenMB
by Gwen on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Ideally, bd every other day until you get the positive. Then every day until you o.

Yourtemp won't tell you anything until you O. Temps aren't helpful for forecasting when you will O, they just say that you did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)