Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brain washed to be Barefoot and Pregnant! Obvious Rant

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok, so maybe I'm being a little self righteous here. From High School, Girls are taught that if we have sex, even once, just ONCE-If his penis even looks at your vagina funny-you will get pregnant. If you so much as make out in the back seat of his daddy's car at the ball game you will end up with more babies then you can handle and your life will be ruined. But here we are, the majority of us in committed relationships, mature and ready to be moms, begging for babies. His penis has looked at our vaginas many times but no babies. Thus, we are left with feelings of shame and guilt, wondering what's wrong with us. Meanwhile, he is all cool and casual. His mindset is all "if it happens this month, it happens. If not, it doesn't there's always next month." I'm charting, measuring, poking, temping, dosing..WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY VAGINA? He's all "Meh, Can I poke ya yet?" It's not freaking fair! Maybe it was just the town I was raised in but I was conditioned to think that women are made to have babies, it will be an immediate result of a shameful act. Damn religious schools! I blame you for my present nervous breakdown!
Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wantthatbaby46
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I grew up in a city, with only one religious parent, no religious schooling, etc.  I was TERRIFIED of sex as a teenager for the reasons you just described. Now, I TERRIFIED something is horribly wrong with me...for the reasons you just described. Just part of growing up a female? Maybe only part of growing up without a strong female to aspire to be like? Maybe neither and we're just screwy in the head? lol

ZombyMommy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:15 PM

It's the scare tactics they use against us when we're young. We are conditioned to think that it will happen immediately as some sort of punishment. No one tells you about fertility problems, cycle timing, illness or just plain luck. 

Quoting wantthatbaby46:

I grew up in a city, with only one religious parent, no religious schooling, etc.  I was TERRIFIED of sex as a teenager for the reasons you just described. Now, I TERRIFIED something is horribly wrong with me...for the reasons you just described. Just part of growing up a female? Maybe only part of growing up without a strong female to aspire to be like? Maybe neither and we're just screwy in the head? lol

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
ilovekeith12
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for ur post. It makes me feel less alone
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShellBeth
by Michelle on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I just want to say that I think teenagers should be scared silly about it given the statistics about teenage pregnancy and poverty. But that is just me. I was scared silly in high school and for good reason - all my boyfriends wanted to have unprotected sex and thinking about who they were and where they are now - I am glad I was scared.

But on the flip side - women are also told - you can wait for a family - be a professional first. And then when women wake  up and are 35+ years old and want a baby (which I see more commonly in my field) then they have SUCH a hard time getting pregnant it seems unfair they were told to wait to have a family.

My take is - life just sucks sometimes and no matter what you do - you might lose. But - maybe the anticipation and wait can make the success so much sweeter when it comes?? I dont know. Just trying to stay optimistic about a sucky thing. 

Sorry your vagina isnt listening to his penis :(

Camsmommy12
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I understand 100%.. now it's the other way around ... ttc for months/years and no luck... Good luck to you .. How long have you been TTC?
DevonD83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:40 AM
No body scared me growing up I watched my sister get pregnant and have a baby about a year and a half before me I didn't grow up super religious though. I had sex for the first time at 16. With a condom. Second time I had sex in my life about 7-9 months later a few weeks after my 17th bday without a condom I got pregnant. Granted it wasn't by choice and the dude spent 8 years in prison for taping several people. I got preg off that 1 freaking night. I've been married over a year and a half and can't get preg again to save my life but I did have a tubal reversal 16 months ago
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xtriciax
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

this post made me giggle now all i keep saying is... meh, can i poke ya yet lol

mrsallen3912
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I dont think anythings wrong with your vagina, shes just under duress, and has stage fright from all the extra attention :)

Just keep telling yourself, "its all for a good cause...I think?" lol j/k

LOTS O BABY DUST!

Quoting ZombyMommy:

I'm charting, measuring, poking, temping, dosing..WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY VAGINA? He's all "Meh, Can I poke ya yet?" It's not freaking fair! Maybe it was just the town I was raised in but I was conditioned to think that women are made to have babies, it will be an immediate result of a shameful act. Damn religious schools! I blame you for my present nervous breakdown!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)