Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Is that a double pink line?!

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

I posted this in a reply in another post- my apologies...

CD7, clear/watery cm
Another member asked if I did an OPK yet, so I figured I should.

The lines showed up before 3 minutes was up. Does that look like a pretty desent indicator that I'm Oing? I'm new to these little suckers.
My FF says I won't O for 6 more days, so I'm slightly confused.  

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IloveKaya
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

The test line needs to be as dark, or darker than the control line.  Looks like you have a few more days.  But keep bd'ing!!

katamike
by Danielle on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Do another tomorrow! dtd for the next few days in a row.. lol Catch that egg! fx!

sprinkles9112
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Ooooh. So a positive OPK needs to darker? And that means I'm Oing? But I definitely want to keep bd'ing because O should be occuring within the next week (I'm assuming FF is right with the 6 day prediction)? 

This is a little exciting. We didn't use OPK for our first cycle...we just acted like rabbits. 

Thank you! 

Quoting IloveKaya:

The test line needs to be as dark, or darker than the control line.  Looks like you have a few more days.  But keep bd'ing!!

sprinkles9112
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:55 PM

LOL We've been getting our dirty dirty going for the past few nights anyway- I don't think DH will complain LOL 

Quoting katamike:

Do another tomorrow! dtd for the next few days in a row.. lol Catch that egg! fx!

IloveKaya
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, you need it to be as dark or darker.  But yes keep bd'ing as sperm can live for several days inside you.

Quoting sprinkles9112:

Ooooh. So a positive OPK needs to darker? And that means I'm Oing? But I definitely want to keep bd'ing because O should be occuring within the next week (I'm assuming FF is right with the 6 day prediction)? 

This is a little exciting. We didn't use OPK for our first cycle...we just acted like rabbits. 

Thank you! 

Quoting IloveKaya:

sprinkles9112
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Knew about the sperm- just new to this tracking O thing LOL 

Told DH and he's ready to get home and follow orders!!! Hahaha...
Super excited!  

Quoting IloveKaya:

Yes, you need it to be as dark or darker.  But yes keep bd'ing as sperm can live for several days inside you.

Quoting sprinkles9112:

Thank you! 

Quoting IloveKaya:

midnightstar21
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

bump

Analeigh2012
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Once you get a positive OPK, you should O in 24-36 hours. OPKs indicate a surge in the hormone that triggers ovulation. So if you have follicles with eggs mature, you will ovulate them. You can have a surge (positive OPK) and no eggs (so no ovulation). Temping would verify if you O. GL, I hope you catch an eggie!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sprinkles9112
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Thank you! I've been temping too, unfortunately that confuses me too LOL But I'm hoping! There'd better be an egg getting ready! 

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Once you get a positive OPK, you should O in 24-36 hours. OPKs indicate a surge in the hormone that triggers ovulation. So if you have follicles with eggs mature, you will ovulate them. You can have a surge (positive OPK) and no eggs (so no ovulation). Temping would verify if you O. GL, I hope you catch an eggie!!

Analeigh2012
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
The biggest thing to remember about temping - same method, same time every day as soon as you wake - no talking, walking, kissing, chewing, etc. temp first. Your temps should all be about the same. At least 6 in a row before O. Day of O you will see a dramatic rise in temp above the 6 before. Spike = you Od. If you breathe through your mouth at night, your temps will be all over -looks like a spiky roller coaster. Not accurate. Switch to vaginal temping. Same thing as with OPKs. If you drink tons of water daily, you may never get a positive OPK - your urine will be diluted. So stop drinking 2-3 hours before testing with an OPK. You will get the hang of it!

Quoting sprinkles9112:

Thank you! I've been temping too, unfortunately that confuses me too LOL But I'm hoping! There'd better be an egg getting ready! 

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)