Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anti-Tweakers will be happy....

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

to know that I am not pregnant. Hope it has made your day to know this information.  Next time, how about simply ignoring my post versus bashing other people's decisions to "tweak a photo" and overanalyze/give themselves a bit of hope. Don't understand the people in this world who delight in other's misery and bringing people down. Hope this news made your weekend.

Happy Birthday to me on Sunday :(

AF still isn't here. Just had to go in for my annual so I had them do blood work to check for pregnancy while I was there. Period is due on Monday I believe. So..since I know I'm not pregnant, I'm ready for AF so I can start trying again! Good luck to everyone! Hope you all have success this cycle!! :)

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dizzydreamer
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I'm sorry people acted like that!  Good luck next cycle! 

marissabrookee
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM
screw em. if they have nothing better to do than bash you for that then they're not worth the grief. better luck next month :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bero2007
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't read your other post but in general I am anti tweaking for the sole reason that it gets hopes up. I don't know what happened or what was said but I'm sorry that you arne't pregnant. No one should be happy that you aren't pregnant just because they don't like tweaked pictures. When I tell people that tweaking is a bad idea I don't mean that I don't want them to be pregnant. I just want them to test again the next day to get a darker line that will make them feel more confident about their BFP. It sucks when someones picture gets tweaked and a line that may have been an indent or evap or something gets hopes up.

Last time I got a BFN it was 2 days before my birthday so I feel you on that. I was hoping for the best birthday ever and instead I got a bfn and my husband lost his job so we can't do anymore IUI's for awhile.

toopicky429
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Being against tweaking doesn't mean they would be happy you didn't get a BFP. Tweaking can be fun, but really isn't reliable since most people do it wrong. Hugs and good luck with this new cycle.
MCF118
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I guess I should have clarified. I wasn't referring to all people against tweaking, just in particular those who were ugly on one of my posts yesterday. I had never had a picture tweaked before and so I thought I would let someone do it (more just for fun than anything) and a few girls decided to jump in on the conversation with nothing nice to say at all. Like I said, some people must just be so unhappy with their own life that the like to bring others down. Thank y'all! Good luck with BFP!!! :)

Momto3_89
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I think it was horrible of that girl to say that,,,what's up with all the mean spirited ladies lately? I'm pregnant and not that hormonal. Sorry people can be so cruel.
mlg1989
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I am sorry that people were rude to you. :(
I see tweaking all the time so i have no idea as to why people would bash you for wanted it.

Quoting MCF118:

I guess I should have clarified. I wasn't referring to all people against tweaking, just in particular those who were ugly on one of my posts yesterday. I had never had a picture tweaked before and so I thought I would let someone do it (more just for fun than anything) and a few girls decided to jump in on the conversation with nothing nice to say at all. Like I said, some people must just be so unhappy with their own life that the like to bring others down. Thank y'all! Good luck with BFP!!! :)

xtriciax
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:53 PM

i believe if your post was the one that wrote this is my test after it dried and i wrote that dried test are invalid. im hopping you didnt take that as bashing or saying you werent preg. i was just informing that dry test can show false lines. im sorry if my comment upset you in your last post. 

MCF118
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:58 PM

oh gosh no!! Not you at all!! haha :) You were very helpful. I am pretty sure I am just seeing evaporation lines.  I mean, I guess there is always a chance as long as AF hasn't come. Due for its grand appearnace either sunday or monday. I was ifffy about having blood work done today..didnt' know if it would be accurate or far enough along for it to give clear results because I ovulated on Thursday of last week. So i'm not that many days past ovulation. oh well. always next month. :)

Quoting xtriciax:

i believe if your post was the one that wrote this is my test after it dried and i wrote that dried test are invalid. im hopping you didnt take that as bashing or saying you werent preg. i was just informing that dry test can show false lines. im sorry if my comment upset you in your last post. 

xtriciax
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:00 PM

i wish you the best hun an dwill keep my fx for you

Quoting MCF118:

oh gosh no!! Not you at all!! haha :) You were very helpful. I am pretty sure I am just seeing evaporation lines.  I mean, I guess there is always a chance as long as AF hasn't come. Due for its grand appearnace either sunday or monday. I was ifffy about having blood work done today..didnt' know if it would be accurate or far enough along for it to give clear results because I ovulated on Thursday of last week. So i'm not that many days past ovulation. oh well. always next month. :)

Quoting xtriciax:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)