Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice on using pre-seed? Please?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

Alright, so during out Jan -March break Dh got tested. Morph was good, count was 36mil/ML so within normal range....motility was a little sluggish though his doctor said he wasnt convinced it was real because they didnt get to his 'sample' within a reasonable amount of time to get an accurate motility rate----they didnt test his sample til more than 2 hours after he turned it in.  His testosterone was slightly low, but his urologist wasnt worried. My doctor looked at the results and said he didnt see anything in the results that made him think there would be an issue, but he wants me to do a post coital exam this cycle to see how the sperm are moving through my cervical fluid.

I was told that the product Pre-seed can help sperm move more effectivly and can help with hostile CM that is sometimes produced as a result of clomid. Im also told it can "feed" sperm as well. We tried it once a few cycles ago, I used the recommended 'dose'.....now, ***TMI*** lubrication is not an issue for me, my body is pretty good about lubricating itself for sex....so the added fluid of the pre-seed was just horribly messy.   I want to try it again this cycle, but Id like to know if anyone else used it successfully and did you use the recommended amount or did you have to modify it to suit your body's needs?

Thanks!

Rhonda

~RussiansWoman~

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mama2gg
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I used 4 lol to the top it was messy but we like it messy haha I'm 38 weeks now can't say if preseed helped at all but it didn't hurt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RussiansWoman
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Thanks! Im dying to see your baby! I check on here every day to see if you've had it yet!!!

Analeigh2012
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I have used it once - same as you. I have plenty of natural lubrication so the added preseed was MESSY! I think if I use it again I would do a couple of things - insert a little earlier and adjust the quantity. I do use it when I home inseminate a sample because I am not aroused enough to produce natural lubrication when my DH wakes me up with a sample. Good luck - hopefully someone here has used a lot and has good pointers for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I used the whole plunger the 1st time I used it and it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much so now I use around 2mg on there and it seems to be plenty but not to the point its messy. Good luck

Libby22
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Don't know if it was successful or not, but this time around we didn't use the plunger at all. Just used it like natural lube to make the experience quite pleasurable for us both :) If I get a BFN this cycle I MIGHT try using half a plunger-full (based on everyone's feedback). Overall I think it's an awesome product. It doesn't even get sticky like most regular lubes!

KJ786
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I'm on my second cycle using it, and like other ladies mentioned, the recommended amount I found was way too much, so we just use the amount we find comfortable. If I don't have any luck this cycle, I might try using the recommended amount instead, even if it's messy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)