Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Progesterone

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM
  • 14 Replies
Okay ladies. I am needing opinions on progesterone pills. I've loosed all over online and have found several different options. Wondering what worked well with you. Good things, plus anything that you didn't like about a pill.
Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
storkneedsgps
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Did your doctor recommend them? Mine are 100 bucks per 50 for generic version, double for 100. Most insurance will cover them because preggos use them. Mine did and it paid for nothing else. This is my fourth time using them and I found they are easier to insert standing up. I'm in between doctors so I'm just using leftovers so I'm only taking one at bed. This will delay my period because of my leuthal phase defect. One pill will delay af to 28 day cycles, two stops it from coming at all. What else would you like to know?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momaholly
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Me and my last dr had talked some about them.. But I have now moved so have a new dr(who I haven't actually met with yet) .. And I am just looking to learn more before meeting with my next dr next month. I just want as much information as I can get, so that I don't go in there blind. Wanting to learn more

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Did your doctor recommend them? Mine are 100 bucks per 50 for generic version, double for 100. Most insurance will cover them because preggos use them. Mine did and it paid for nothing else. This is my fourth time using them and I found they are easier to insert standing up. I'm in between doctors so I'm just using leftovers so I'm only taking one at bed. This will delay my period because of my leuthal phase defect. One pill will delay af to 28 day cycles, two stops it from coming at all. What else would you like to know?

junelove8291
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I have taken them. One pill for 5 days at day 28. Sometimes I have had very light periods and some have been very heavy on it. I got to my local target and with there prescription plan it only cost me $4.00. The only thing I did not like was getting bad craps with on af.

storkneedsgps
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Why does he recommended them? Low levels, leuthal phase, loss?

Quoting momaholly:

Me and my last dr had talked some about them.. But I have now moved so have a new dr(who I haven't actually met with yet) .. And I am just looking to learn more before meeting with my next dr next month. I just want as much information as I can get, so that I don't go in there blind. Wanting to learn more

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storkneedsgps
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I have horrible cramps! Lots of clots and heavy bleeding too.yuck!

Quoting junelove8291:

I have taken them. One pill for 5 days at day 28. Sometimes I have had very light periods and some have been very heavy on it. I got to my local target and with there prescription plan it only cost me $4.00. The only thing I did not like was getting bad craps with on af.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momaholly
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM
3 losses... After 2 perfectly healthy pregnancies.
jamielynn0709
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:36 PM

My dr prescribed me the vaginal capsules. I start taking them on cd 2 or 3. They have helped me a lot since I started them

momaholly
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM
We are currently trying to convince. And my last dr told me that he would like to put me on them when I became pregnant again.. So I am just wanting to gather information. I've heard that it makes some pregnancy symptoms worse. As in morning sickness.. Is this true?
mama2gg
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I only use it AFTER a bfp and I use shots my ob gives me (I'm 38 weeks now and off them of course)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momaholly
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:45 PM
So I'm assuming once the time comes I should contact my ob/gyn immidietly?

Quoting mama2gg:

I only use it AFTER a bfp and I use shots my ob gives me (I'm 38 weeks now and off them of course)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)