Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can i get pregnant??

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

Had a miscarriage last week at 5 weeks. We want to start trying again ASAP, but i'm curious if it Is possible for me to still get pregnant when my levels are still high after my miscarriage? Below are my HCG levels for the past week.

Table

Component Standard Range 3/7/2013 3/16/2013 3/18/2013 3/21/2013 3/22/2013
B-HCG, Quant. 1-3 mIU/mL 232 H 506 H 278 H 288 H 309 H

Thanks Ladies!

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
juniper1745
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM
No. You have to reach less than 5 to restart a new cycle. You may ovulate but it may be late. My period took 39 days to come after my mc. My levels were at 1 one week after my mc.
Good luck to you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM
No its impossible you don't even release an egg till they are 0-5 it takes 14-45 days to restart cycle.

You have a loss, then bleed , then stop bleeding and THEN bleed again the second bleed is the first AF and if numbers are low enough you will O that cycle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynn0709
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:48 PM

So your levels have been going up and down over the past week? I was told that levels that go up and down like that can be a sign of an ectopic. Have you had an us or anything?

mama2gg
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Its a sign of molar pregnancy which can cause cancer I'd be demanding an ultrasound asap

Quoting jamielynn0709:

So your levels have been going up and down over the past week? I was told that levels that go up and down like that can be a sign of an ectopic. Have you had an us or anything?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaybri2012
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I hope you get those levels checked out.  It's odd that they are rising like that. 

Shesmyworld1
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Have had several ultrasounds and they said there is no sign of an ectopic.  Waiting to hear back from my Dr. Today.  I will update when I hear back.

ChefFatCat
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I have to say this, Im so sorry for your loss!!!, 

but your lvl's is your body dealing with a tramatic shock/truma,

it needs the time to heal, I would wait at least 3-4M before even trying to again, I hate saying that but its a fact & your doc could also tell you a yr,  but you need to allow your body that healing time. please dont be upset, I wish you nothing but love!!!! hugs!!! 

Shesmyworld1
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Just spoke with the Dr. I have to go get my blood drawn on Monday. If My levels have not dropped dramatically they're going to order an ultrasound.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)