Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OPK question

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 10 Replies

I needs some help ladies with being on metformin. I usually do my OPK in the morning before work. When is s good time to actullay use the OPK morning, afternoon on lunch break at work or at night when I get home. Any advice on what time of day works better or might work good.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:40 PM
You don't use opk in the AM they are not like hpt

Lg the hormones it detects build through out the day

Testing twice a day at 12 & 4 are the best
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junelove8291
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Ah ok. My dr said that it was ok for the morning but all I got were negitive results. The only issue I run into is my lunch break at work verys. Somedays at noon some days 1 some days 2.

mama2gg
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:45 PM
That's a fine time to take them any time after 12

Quoting junelove8291:

Ah ok. My dr said that it was ok for the morning but all I got were negitive results. The only issue I run into is my lunch break at work verys. Somedays at noon some days 1 some days 2.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junelove8291
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Great! Thank you for your help :)

Analeigh2012
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I agree with Lee, although the instructions will tell you to use FMU.
I also have a short surge, so I test 3 times daily when I suspect O is around the corner. I test 1, 4 and 8. I drink 3+ liters of water daily and that also dilutes out my results, so I try to remember to reduce water intake those days or all my tests only have one line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynn0709
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I agree with taking a couple of them a day. That way if your surge is shorter you have a better chance of catching it. Good Luck!!!!

junelove8291
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Analeigh2012. No FMU used. I do not know my surges at all :(. I will be starting to test twice a day now. I do not drink that much water. I drink a nice amount thou.

junelove8291
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Thank you jamielynn0709

KJ786
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I have to agree with the other ladies, too. I believe my digital OPK directions did not specify what time of day to test, but I found that I never got a positive with first morning pee. In fact, this cycle, on Monday, I was cycle day 17. I took an OPK in the morning, and it was still negative. I freaked out and started crying because I had had cramps and a headache, and I thought for sure I was ovulating, I didn't understand why the test was negative, and I was worried it wasn't going to happen, and that something was wrong. After calling my doctor and being paranoid, I took another OPK in the afternoon, four hours later, and low and behold, it was positive! So, if I hadn't tested in the afternoon, I would have missed it. Lesson learned! :) Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junelove8291
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I do not want to miss out at all and now I wonder if we had missed out on positive results cause I took them in the am. Thank you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)