Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Info PLEEASE

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 4 Replies

IM GOING TO A NEW GYNO AFTER TRYING   TO CONCIEVE FOR 2 1/2 YEARS. DH IS TOO SHY TO GET TESTED. HE HAS DIABETIES AND I WAS TOLD I HAVE PCOS.  WHAT ARE SOME THINGS I SHOULD ASK, OR WHAT SHOULD I REQUEST.  AND IN A WK I AM GOING TO SE A ENDOCRENOLEGIST, WHAT SHOULD I ASK?

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM

If you are going to a new gyno I would make sure that they checked again that you actually have PCOS. Also get a blood work up and ask for a HSG which will make sure your tubes are open as well as make sure your uterus is ok. As shy as your dh is he still needs to get checked. I dont know of any guys that likes ejaculating into a cup but it has to be done. What if he has 0 count or his motility isnt good. If he doesnt test you will never know and may never have an answer as to why you arent pregnant yet. Also just depends on what process you would like to try, if meds first or go with something else. If you are willing to move pass meds alone then I would ask about getting an IUI done if both your test turns out ok. Good luck and keep us posted.

mama2gg
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I would get checked and make SURE you have PCOS first.

Then I would ask for a basic hormone work up as well as blood work to look for any clotting issues.

You will want to ask the plan of action so that you don't leave without knowing your next step

But your dh has to buck up and get over it an RE will NEED for him to get a sperm test before they give you any meds would be pointless to pump you full of fertility meds if he has No sperm or slow sperm.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dreamtobeamom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM

he said he will do it get sperm cheched if hee neds to

thanks

ms83501
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM

if you have been TTC this long, your DH needs to get over hs shynes and go with you. There may be questions HE needs to answer. He may have to have his swimmers tested. MyDH wa shy too, until I said, "its eithe you go or no kids ever. I can't mak swimmers for you in the appt!" its not like the doc stands there an watches for griefs sake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN