Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

trying to conceive tips

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:54 AM
  • 11 Replies
I've been trying to conceive for a few months now and everything I have tried hasn't been working out. I've been taking prenatal vitamins and I tried the lube "Pre-Seed" because some people told me it helps conceive. Does anyone have any other tips on getting the BFP.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes it's just a waiting game. It's not a fun game.
egbkeb
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Try Vitex. I have PCOS and needed it to help me regulate my cycles in order to concieve my first daughter. My second was concieved with no help :) Alot of non-PCOS TTCer's have success with Vitex too. Its supposed to help you with ovulation. Look it up :) 

forever829
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I will look it up thank you, homely it works out because I've been TTC my first for awhile now.

Quoting egbkeb:

Try Vitex. I have PCOS and needed it to help me regulate my cycles in order to concieve my first daughter. My second was concieved with no help :) Alot of non-PCOS TTCer's have success with Vitex too. Its supposed to help you with ovulation. Look it up :) 

mdm122789
by Mel on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM

are there negative side effects of vitex?

Quoting egbkeb:

Dani1009
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM
It gave me horrific headaches

Quoting mdm122789:

Quoting egbkeb:

mdm122789
by Mel on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:39 PM

yuuuckk ): do you take it all cycle?

Quoting Dani1009:

Quoting mdm122789:

Quoting egbkeb:

Dani1009
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM
It was well over a year ago when I tried it, but I believe you do take it the entire cycle. I only tried it for one month, couldn't take the headaches anymore.

Quoting mdm122789:

yuuuckk ): do you take it all cycle?

Quoting Dani1009:

Quoting mdm122789:

Quoting egbkeb:

egbkeb
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Not that I'm aware of. Its an all natural supplement. I believe its called agnus cactus or chasteberry. It is very effective, but it can take a couple of cycles to see the effects. Personally, I concieved taking two tablets a day within a month. If memory serves, its supposed to help egg quality when it is mature, regulate ovulation and I do believe it makes you ovulate a little longer. For women with irregular cycles (like me! I'm lucky if I get 3/year lol) it regulates your period. 

Quoting mdm122789:

Quoting egbkeb:

mdm122789
by Mel on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:54 PM

My last 4 cycles were 29 45 51 41. My regular cycles were 35. 

Which brand  did you use?

Quoting egbkeb:

Not that I'm aware of. Its an all natural supplement. I believe its called agnus cactus or chasteberry. It is very effective, but it can take a couple of cycles to see the effects. Personally, I concieved taking two tablets a day within a month. If memory serves, its supposed to help egg quality when it is mature, regulate ovulation and I do believe it makes you ovulate a little longer. For women with irregular cycles (like me! I'm lucky if I get 3/year lol) it regulates your period. 

Quoting mdm122789:

Quoting egbkeb:

storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM

If it has only been a few months, you may just need more time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)