Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

question about soy iso

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM
  • 23 Replies

ok so since my last cycle was 54 days do you think that if i tried soy iso and it helped me o sooner that it would maybe shorten my cylces and they would be closer to normal? has this worked for anyone else? or should i just try and see what happens?

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michaela880
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Hun did u ovulate on your own?

kristen518-06
by Kristen :) on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM

well i would think so since i had af right? i dont really know for sure i just ordered some opk's and stuff im new to all of this and havent temped or anything before i just was hoping that maybe that would help shorten my cycles maybe? possibly?  i dont really know lol

but yeah i would say since i didnt use anything last cycle then yes i ovulated on my own

Quoting Michaela880:

Hun did u ovulate on your own?

Ma2Liam
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Just because you have a period does not mean you ovulate. My longer cycles are my anovulatory cycles. I would rather try something like vitex before soy if I didn't know my ovulation status and was trying to shorten a cycle. I do not always ovulate on my own and the cycle I did soy did not change my cycle length at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristen518-06
by Kristen :) on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM

ok i didnt know for sure if just because you had a period that meant you o'd. i dont really know much about shortening a cycle i just wanted to see if maybe you ladies thought that would work. i just got off bc in october so im not sure maybe i should give it a couple more cycle and see if regulates itself?

Quoting Ma2Liam:

Just because you have a period does not mean you ovulate. My longer cycles are my anovulatory cycles. I would rather try something like vitex before soy if I didn't know my ovulation status and was trying to shorten a cycle. I do not always ovulate on my own and the cycle I did soy did not change my cycle length at all.

Ma2Liam
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I would start temping this next cycle and see what happens. Bc can mess with your cycles and takes time to get out of your system. Temping will tell you if you are Oing and you can get a better sense of your cycle. You can still bd and see what happens. If you don't have a handle on your cycle then adding meds can mess with it more.

Quoting kristen518-06:

ok i didnt know for sure if just because you had a period that meant you o'd. i dont really know much about shortening a cycle i just wanted to see if maybe you ladies thought that would work. i just got off bc in october so im not sure maybe i should give it a couple more cycle and see if regulates itself?

Quoting Ma2Liam:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristen518-06
by Kristen :) on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM

thats true and i did order some opks that will hopefully be here beginning of next week. and today i looked at walgreens while i was there for a bbt and couldnt find one. do you temp?

Quoting Ma2Liam:

I would start temping this next cycle and see what happens. Bc can mess with your cycles and takes time to get out of your system. Temping will tell you if you are Oing and you can get a better sense of your cycle. You can still bd and see what happens. If you don't have a handle on your cycle then adding meds can mess with it more.

Quoting kristen518-06:

Quoting Ma2Liam:

Ma2Liam
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I temp, use OPKs, and chart on fertility friend. I have learned so much about my reproductive cycle in the last year I have been keeping track.

Quoting kristen518-06:

thats true and i did order some opks that will hopefully be here beginning of next week. and today i looked at walgreens while i was there for a bbt and couldnt find one. do you temp?

Quoting Ma2Liam:

Quoting kristen518-06:

Quoting Ma2Liam:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WOFFT
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:02 AM
I've read Soy Iso success stories that said Soy shortened their cycles. May be give a try and chart while doing so, Vitex also has success stories on shortening cycles but takes effect mostly after being used for 3months. Good Luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristen518-06
by Kristen :) on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM

thank you!

Quoting WOFFT:

I've read Soy Iso success stories that said Soy shortened their cycles. May be give a try and chart while doing so, Vitex also has success stories on shortening cycles but takes effect mostly after being used for 3months. Good Luck.

kristen518-06
by Kristen :) on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM

i was curious if you temped cause i was going to ask where i could find a bbt? i looked at walgreens last night and couldnt find one

Quoting Ma2Liam:

I temp, use OPKs, and chart on fertility friend. I have learned so much about my reproductive cycle in the last year I have been keeping track.

Quoting kristen518-06:

Quoting Ma2Liam:

Quoting kristen518-06:

Quoting Ma2Liam:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN