Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

those who used trigger shots

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:27 AM
  • 11 Replies
How long after the shot did you get AF? I took mine later this month than last so I'm thinking that's why I'm late for AF. I took the shot 3/18 was suppose to be due for AF 3/28.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Libby22
by Elizabeth on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I used a trigger but my RE also had me on progesterone. I got my AF this morning after being off the progesterone for a few days. It could be that the trigger messed with your typical luteal phase. Definitely ask your RE and share what he/she says!

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:36 AM
My gyno is the one that had me on the shots. I'm not sure if you seen my post but I had Oed on my own before I got to the doctor and I had 2 follicles showing on my left side so I went ahead and triggered anyway. So can't ask them lol
jamielynn0709
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM

First round of clomid and trigger I did get pregnant but it was ectopic. Last cycle I did clomid and got the shot cd 12, was told to continue with my progesterone and test 16 days after shot. My last day of progesterone was 14 days after shot, tested - the next day and started full flow 2 days later. I am now cd2 and will be doing another 100 mg clomid days 3-7 and will trigger on cd 12 again. If I didn't do the progesterone I probably would have started af too early.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I know you are not suppose to go against what they say but I swear the techs there are douches and the last tech wasn't even 100% sure I even ovulated. She said she thought she seen fluid from where I had ovulated so I figured if she wasn't 100% sure then I would trigger. The clinic I go to I'm new there because of us just moving and I really like the doc she is very nice but the techs are ding dongs.
toopicky429
by Jackie on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:00 PM
My RE triggers me in the office. Usually on CD 12 or 13, and then my period usually shows up about 14 days later. If you triggered without them telling you too, they might not order it for you for your next cycle. Good luck!
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I'm not doing it another cycle I will be doing a fertility cleanse.
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Well I'm going to go with since I done the trigger I'm not officially late until Monday which would be 14 days passed.
nicole2884
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I only did the trigger once an got my bfp at 11 dpo an i triggered late on cd20

Sorry wish i could help
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting nicole2884:

I only did the trigger once an got my bfp at 11 dpo an i triggered late on cd20

Sorry wish i could help

Im glad you got a bfp and cant report how soon you got af :)

Dani1009
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM
I also used progesterone during the 3 cycles that I triggered. My period would start 2 days after stopping the progesterone. I'm sorry I can't help :(
Did you take a hpt yet?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)