Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

wondering about temping

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

i just bought the thermometer today and my opks showed up today (YAY) lol so now my questions are.................. im on cd 3 when do i start temping? after af is over? and a temperature SPIKE means youve o'd right?

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
WOFFT
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM
You can start temping immediately. Set up a free profile on www.fertilityfriend.com to chart your temps, CM, OPK's and learn the basics of charting on the website. I prefer to leave the interpretation to FF as you get solid red coloured cross hairs 3days after you ovulated on the day of Ovulation.

Note that temping will let you confirm that you've ovulated and by then its too late to catch the Egg. OPK will let you know that you'll O in a few days. Good Luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WOFFT
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:12 PM
I'll suggest vaginal temping as it gives more steady temps that are not affected by breathing through the mouth. It could be gross to some women but well I temp vaginally even with AF. I clean up with a damp cloth and soap after each temping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristen518-06
by Kristen :) on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM

thank you for the advice! stupid question.... what kind of thermometer do you use for vaginal temping

Quoting WOFFT:

I'll suggest vaginal temping as it gives more steady temps that are not affected by breathing through the mouth. It could be gross to some women but well I temp vaginally even with AF. I clean up with a damp cloth and soap after each temping.

WOFFT
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:43 PM
BBT. The same one you use for oral temping. And your question isn't stupid, we're all here to learn and support each other. *hugs*
Quoting kristen518-06:

thank you for the advice! stupid question.... what kind of thermometer do you use for vaginal temping

Quoting WOFFT:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristen518-06
by Kristen :) on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

awe :) thanks!

Quoting WOFFT:

BBT. The same one you use for oral temping. And your question isn't stupid, we're all here to learn and support each other. *hugs*
Quoting kristen518-06:

Quoting WOFFT:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN