Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

It's been 6 months since we've started trying to conceive baby #2

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm 35 years old. I got the IUD after I had my son in 2010 and had it removed in August 2012. We used condoms until October 2012  to give my body time to adjust (something I heard was a good idea) and then used no birth control whatsoever. I've gotten ovulation kits and I also have an app that tells me my most fertile days. Still nothing. I have no idea what else I can do to boost my chances of conceiving naturally. Any thoughts? Ideas? I was actually 2 days late this month and when I finally got it, my heart sank. (it's not spotting..it's the real deal.)  

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Because of your age the doctor will see you for fertility testing after then I would invest in a Clearblue easy fertility monitor.

Good luck
earlybird8688
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:20 PM
3 moms liked this

1) stop reading so much into it. 2) RELAX, stress doesnt make thing better 3) go see your doctor and ask about your options. Clomid might be prescribed to help regulate your ovulation better. 4) start taking prenatals ahead of time.

storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Talk to your doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnightstar21
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Believe it or not but you will get pregnant when you don't stress etc over it. I tried two yrs with my ex fiance to have a baby. Now we weren't trying i am now seven weeks along pregnant!! So just relax and when the timing is right you will be pregnant. 

Jones3536
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Fertility blend

toopicky429
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Definitely talk to your doctor. We've been trying for #3 for over 3 years. It can be very stressful when it obviously worked in the past, but isn't now. Have you tried charting your bbt? After 16 months of trying I started temping, and found out I was ovulating later than I thought I was. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bookworm97
by Kelly on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk to your doc....sooner than later. As for everyone saying, relax, or stop trying and stressing and it will happen....we tried that and it didn't work. I KNOW stress can screw things up and a lot of people DO conceive when they "relax" and "stop trying," but that's usually if nothing is wrong with either partner. I really thought when we took our 3 month break after trying for almost 2 years that it would just happen whenever, but nothing. Now we know that we have MFI to deal with and have just begun cycle #1 of IVF. 

I hope your doc answers some of your questions and runs some tests on you to make sure everything is "normal." GL and KUP! :)

sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM
We had been trying nine months before we got pregnant with number two, we lost it at seven weeks. I'm five weeks pregnant now, and it took five months after the miscarriage. So a total of fourteen months, if this one stays sticky. I had mirena for three years after baby number one. Just keep trying.
MommyofJustin
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes it takes about 6 momths of no birth control.to.start concieving but you were using condoms so that would.not be it. Gl momma hugs. Your.time will.come
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bero2007
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I'm with you on this one. I hate it when people are like oh it will happen when you stop trying. I went to the dr and found out I wasn't ovulating on my own and had 6 cycles on clomid then 2 IUI's that failed. Now we aren't trying due to DH losing his job and I know for a fact I won't get pregnant on my own yet people keep telling me oh you will get pregnant now that you aren't trying. Um no I'm just gonna have wonky ass cycles since I don't ovulate.

Quoting bookworm97:

Talk to your doc....sooner than later. As for everyone saying, relax, or stop trying and stressing and it will happen....we tried that and it didn't work. I KNOW stress can screw things up and a lot of people DO conceive when they "relax" and "stop trying," but that's usually if nothing is wrong with either partner. I really thought when we took our 3 month break after trying for almost 2 years that it would just happen whenever, but nothing. Now we know that we have MFI to deal with and have just begun cycle #1 of IVF. 

I hope your doc answers some of your questions and runs some tests on you to make sure everything is "normal." GL and KUP! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN