Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:10 AM
  • 3 Replies

Do you avoid specifc social situations if you know they involve babies, pregnancy, or ttc?  

Specifically: Dh has some guy friends he invites over from time to time.  I hang out with them as well.  Well, one guy just got married last June and said he "has something to tell us and he has to tell us in person."  Yeah, I see where this is going.   I told Dh I'm going to skip this one and take our son and sleep over at my mom's.  He's mad about it!  There are other reasons, too. I haven't had much sleep lately, I've been sick-ish for about a week, etc. But I guess I could muscle through those.  I just don't want to look him in the eye and be happy when I'm really feeling sad.  I'd rather avoid the big announcement.  Am I wrong?  Should I just suck it up?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
katamike
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are emotionally unable to take it, then no, don't do it. BUT, that being said,  if they are close friends you should be there for the big announcement. I know how hard it is, We just got out bfp march 28th and lost the baby april 1st. I don't know if i could handle a pregnancy announcement at this moment.  That being said, if it were close friends, i would at least act happy, although i would be crushed inside. Are you wrong by wanting to skip? no. Just do what you feel you need to do. You know yourself better than any of us do.  Sorry your feeling down!

mdawn028
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Your not wrong sometimes we don't feel up to hearing some things. Sometimes we do get tired and frustrated sometimes some time away to think does us good. Sometimes we have too much to think about and we just need time alone to clear our head. Hopefully everything works out for you whenever you need time to yourself it isn't selfish it is a good thing to have time to yourself sometimes keep your head up and pray about things I find prayer has helped me get through a lot of things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sprinkles9112
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM

This :) 

Quoting katamike:

If you are emotionally unable to take it, then no, don't do it. BUT, that being said,  if they are close friends you should be there for the big announcement. I know how hard it is, We just got out bfp march 28th and lost the baby april 1st. I don't know if i could handle a pregnancy announcement at this moment.  That being said, if it were close friends, i would at least act happy, although i would be crushed inside. Are you wrong by wanting to skip? no. Just do what you feel you need to do. You know yourself better than any of us do.  Sorry your feeling down!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)