• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to conceive after IUD (Mirena)

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

I was just wondering if anyone has had trouble trying to conceive after the IUD was removed?  I had my IUD removed in October 2012 and haven't conceived yet and I am starting to get discouraged.  Hoping I am not the only one that is having trouble.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM

BUMP!

SummersMom06
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I got pregnant 2 weeks after it was taken out. But then I miscarried. So it is deff possible to get preg early on. Just watch your CM closely and do it on those EWCM days./

becca3384
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I had a mirena in for 2 1/2 years. Not to sound discouraging, but we have been trying for almost 2 years since then with no luck. I am 10 days late right now, but keep getting bfn's on my tests. My advice to you is to not give up. Research how to understand your cycle and figure out when you ovulate, and make sure you bd that day! Remember to have fun in the bedroom too. When it becomes routine you are in trouble. Don't give up sunshine! I have been repeating that in my head for 2 years and I won't give up till I hold my next bundle of joy in my arms. Good luck honey and lots of baby dust to you! :-)
Shortstack1979
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Thank you for that.  I think that I am trying to hard and it stressing me out so if I try and forget about it and let things just happen and maybe that will help.  But that is sometimes complicated to do.

Good luck to you and lots of baby dust your way as well.

kygoodsell89
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:14 PM

18 cycles for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)