Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cramping with Clomid?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM
  • 16 Replies

I did my first cycle of Clomid this month and I think I'm getting ready to ovulate. It's been a week since my last pill, I got a positive opk this morning, CM is ideal, and I think my cervix is low. I have pretty bad cramps though. They were just slight cramps yesterday, and I had a negative opk. I got my positive opk today and the cramps are much worse. I've heard this is common? Any of you have this problem?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DavonnaC
by Davonna on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I don't know but I wanted to give you a bump and wish you luck :) maybe it's O cramps??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HJMF
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

If it's the time, then it sound about right. Go catch that eggie!! Fx!

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Cramping with ovulation is normal & Clomid intensifies things so its very normal with Clomid.  I get cramping, too.

Sounds like we are at the same point!  I'm on 100mg of Clomid & got a positive opk this morning.

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I get O cramps and I don't take clomid. Lol. ITs probably just the O cramps. Mine can get pretty bad as well.

mommy2twoboys46
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:17 PM
2 moms liked this

That's what I was thinking, but I am the same person who thinks I have pregnancy symptoms every single month lol Thanks!!

Quoting DavonnaC:

I don't know but I wanted to give you a bump and wish you luck :) maybe it's O cramps??

mommy2twoboys46
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I am SO eager to "catch" it! lol I've been so inpatient all day. We can't just do it in the middle of the day because we have two young children, and of course it's spring break so they are here all day and stay up later! Normally, they would've been in bed 20 minutes ago. Tonight, I have at least another hour.

Quoting HJMF:

If it's the time, then it sound about right. Go catch that eggie!! Fx!

mommy2twoboys46
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Yay! I hope you catch your egg!

Quoting GwenMB:

Cramping with ovulation is normal & Clomid intensifies things so its very normal with Clomid.  I get cramping, too.

Sounds like we are at the same point!  I'm on 100mg of Clomid & got a positive opk this morning.

mommy2twoboys46
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I don't o on my own, so I have no idea about these lol thanks!

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

I get O cramps and I don't take clomid. Lol. ITs probably just the O cramps. Mine can get pretty bad as well.

earlybird8688
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I just finished my first round of clomid too. I had pretty bad hot flashes and a few cramps but they werent bad cramps. I temped myself this morning and had a .5 degree spike then I also took opk and it came back positive too. Today marks 14 days after AF which would mean that I am ovulating as well. CM is thin and stretchy, which would mean that I am ovulating. DH and I did the BD earlier, and when we did it was kind of crampy. I guess that would mean that cervix has dropped as well. I would not worry about it TBH with you, unless the cramping gets really severe and intolerable. The following link is to a site that has more information about the drug and its side effects. I hope it helps 

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/clomid-side-effects.html

earlybird8688
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

you arent the only person who thinks they have symptoms every month lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)