• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello! Newbie here!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello ladies! 
Im Bridget. I am a 28 yr old Air Force wife and SAHM to 4 amazing children. DH and I have 3 boys ages 8, 6, and 2.5, and a princess who is 15 months. Three months after our dd was born DH decided that he would have a vasectomy rather than me haivng a tubal. I was hesitant, but told him I support him in what ever he does as long as he can say that he wont regret having it done. That was a year ago. 
I recently came down with baby fever, crazy baby fever. LOL and DH caught it too. He is now looking into getting a reversal. Do any of you have any advice or info on what we can expect (From personal experience, we have done lots of research ourselves)? 
We really want to add one more baby to our family, and we are just beginning this journey. So any info or advice would be greatly appreciated! 
Thanks and lots of baby dust to all!!

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DavonnaC
by Davonna on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Good luck! No experience but I'll send you
Some baby dust!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM

No experience here, but here's a bump.  Good luck!

AFWifeNMommy04
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Thank you, both! 

Tawnmarie
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I'm in this situation right now my husband had his done past my 20 weeks because was told nothing can go wrong at that point and he was to be our last well they were wrong i have an uncaught ic I went into premature labor 2 days after he had the surgery and delivered and lost our son CaydAnn 48 min later. He had his vr march 2 so 13 weeks after the v we started trying two days after surgery this month is strange cycle late on day 42 no positive test so they called in provera to make me start and then onto clomid days 5-9 starting out on 100mg because that's what it took to get or son I am frustrated because three days of taking the pills and no af in sight yet so I dk but back to your original question. If your really wanting this get it done ASAP the longer from the v to vr the less likely it will work, it's expensive and not covered by insurance however I have read some posts on another group I belong to that is just for this wanting vr or ttc after that military does cover it but there's a wait list so you might want to check into that. There is a chart you can look up that shows percentage chance of it happening based off of time since surgery also you have to factor in if they have any scarring after the v that can affect the vr my husband did have some even with his short time between. There is also scarring over chances after vr
Tawnmarie
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Any questions ask away I have researched a lot got the procedure and now am in the waiting stages to see if it worked i know it can there is a lady that I've spoke with who had vr two and half years past v got bfp the month after they got it on the other spectrum there is also some that are 1-5 years out and still no pregnancy yet
AFWifeNMommy04
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Thank you so much for replying! My husband is getting everything ready and setting up his first dr appt for the reversal tomorrow. We are really hoping that the waitlist isn't long, because we know that the longer it takes, the more complications we could face.
We never had any problems getting pregnant before. We didn't even really have to 'try', and I have been praying it will be that easy again. If I can think of any more questions, I will be sure to ask. Thank you so much!

Quoting Tawnmarie:

Any questions ask away I have researched a lot got the procedure and now am in the waiting stages to see if it worked i know it can there is a lady that I've spoke with who had vr two and half years past v got bfp the month after they got it on the other spectrum there is also some that are 1-5 years out and still no pregnancy yet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)