Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Response Fertility Test

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

So, I found a First Response Fertility test that I had bought a long time ago, and forgot to take. The fertility test is supposed to test your FSH level. It's supposed to be taken on day 3 of your cycle, and the test line is supposed to be either nonexistent or lighter than the control line (the line on the right). If the test line (the line on the left) is as dark or darker than the control line, then that's not good, and your levels may be elevated.

Ironically, I am on cycle day 3 today. So, I decided to take the test because I will probably never remember to take it any other time. Even though I have been on Clomid the last two cycles, and I did not use first morning urine, I was curious.

Now, I'm regretting it because I am worried. I posted a picture of my results. Is it just me, or does the test line look as dark as the control line? I know I probably shouldn't take this test seriously, considering my current situation, but I still can't help but wonder...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Momto3_89
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM
To me...it looks lighter
KJ786
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I think it looks a tiny bit lighter, too, but only because the control line is so much thicker! It's like an optical illusion.

Quoting Momto3_89:

To me...it looks lighter

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
feliciaanne1129
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:29 PM

its pretty dark but it looks slightly lighter to me.

KatherynsMommy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Looks lighter! I took one of these the month before I got pregnant with my son. Looked just like this. I would say it looks like you are fine :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shackelford8610
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM

looks lighter to me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)