Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opk day 14

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 2 Replies
2 moms liked this

It's day 14 and I decided to test thismorning and this is what shows up. I'm pretty sure thats a positive. Both lines were the same color so I am guessing that would make this a BFP.  CM has been getting thinner in consistancy and I temped myself this morning for the test and had a .5 degree spike compared to the last 2 days. DH and I did the BD and lit a few fertility candles and I wore my fertility charm as well. Sometimes a little magic is just what ya need :) 

To make your own homemade fertility candles you will need:

eggs, wick, tape, wax, rosemary, sage, lemongrass, motherwort, mugwort, your choice of seed (I used flax seed), dragon's blood resin or oil (optional), green dye (optional)

crush herbs together and set aside

poke small hole in the bottom of egg large enough for the wick to pass through. Poke hole about the size of a nickle or dime in the top of the egg and blow the yolk out of the egg. 

melt wax but DO NOT BOIL. Reduce heat.

Feed wick through bottom of egg in the small hole and using heavy duty tape secure the wick at the bottom. This will cover the hole so that way no wax comes out. Place your herbs in the eggshell (about a pinch or two) and then pour the wax into the shell. Make sure the egg stays upright (I used a candle stick holder and tape to secure it). Place the egg in the freezer for 2-3 hours to chill and harden. Once it has hardened, peel away the shell. You may carve fertility symbols in your wax, you and your DH's names or you may choose to leave it blank.  Burn the candle on your bedside table before doing the BD during your time of ovulation. You can also choose to surround the candle with stones like TIGERS EYE (brings balance, understanding, and wards off negativity) , HEMATITE (absorbs and grounds out negativity, recovery after childbirth), BLOODSTONE (overall healing stone, courage, strength and balance), CARNELIAN (heals reproductive disorders, helps one become more fertile and prevents miscarriage) MOONSTONE (helps provide stability through the phases of pregnancy and childbirth), GARNET(vitality, strength, symbolizes true and neverending love, compassion and devotion, fertility, abundance and prosperity) and RED JASPER (aids the fetus in growing healthy and to maintain a stable pregnancy).  Hope this helps all you ladies TTC. I burned my candle tonight so FX that I caught the egg in time. 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM
The control line is very light in color. It almost looks invalid. Have you taken another?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
earlybird8688
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:43 PM

took this today (day 15) @ 8pm. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)