Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I quit!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 32 Replies
13 moms liked this

Smoking that is.  :)  I smoked since I was 9 (yes, that says nine) until I got pg with my first in 2007, then I picked it up again last summer when dh was in the hospital with DKA.  I've been telling myself I need to quit since we started ttc in January, and I finally did it!  Today is day 4 with no nicotine and I feel great.  Bonus, I got dh to quit with me too.  :)  Just had to share, I'm so proud of us for actually doing it!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Good job
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Libby22
by Elizabeth on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations! That is a very big accomplishment!
DavonnaC
by Davonna on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome!! You're whole family will benefit :)
MelanieMans
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I stopped 2 months before I got pregnant with my son. I have an occational one, mostly when I hang out with my friend who smokes but I dont smoke all the time anymore. I have to get my husband to quit though he still smokes.

juniper1745
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM
3 moms liked this
I quit in jan 2013 and haven't looked back. Congrats! I'm still trying to get dh to quit. I think if we don't get preggo this cycle, we will, or I will, stop ttc until he kicks the habit!! Im a bitch right?!
SaGe_Ed
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Thank you!  Yes, I think my kids will probably benefit most.  We never smoked in the house, but I do know all the damaging effects even third hand smoke can have.  So I'm looking forward to everyone being healthier!

Quoting DavonnaC:

Awesome!! You're whole family will benefit :)

SaGe_Ed
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Congratulations to you for quitting!  I know the hardest times for me will be when I go out with my friends who smoke when they drink.  Sometimes the pressure to smoke socially can be really tough to say no to!

Quoting MelanieMans:

I stopped 2 months before I got pregnant with my son. I have an occational one, mostly when I hang out with my friend who smokes but I dont smoke all the time anymore. I have to get my husband to quit though he still smokes.

rbailey2414
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

great job!!!

SaGe_Ed
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:05 AM

You're not a bitch at all.  lol  I got dh to quit by refusing to buy more cigarettes and telling him if he didn't quit he could go live in the garage until he decided not to smoke anymore.  And I was serious.  :)

Quoting juniper1745:

I quit in jan 2013 and haven't looked back. Congrats! I'm still trying to get dh to quit. I think if we don't get preggo this cycle, we will, or I will, stop ttc until he kicks the habit!! Im a bitch right?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN