Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did it ever feel impossible? Or not meant to happen?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

For the prego ladies, or just TTC..

Did it ever feel like you'd never conceive? Or like it wasn't meant to be?

I feel like that now, it's getting harder & harder to see myself being pregnant. It feels like me being pregnant is impossible.. I know thinking this way won't help me get prego. I can't explain how bad I want a baby, seems like it won't happen for a couple of years. I have extremely bad luck, my maiden name is Murphy lol 'Murphy's Law'.. Me getting pregnant would need a miracle, although I know all pregnancies are a miracle from God, but you know what I mean.. It seems my husband doesn't care/want it as much as I do. Doesn't seem he's trying as hard, skips some of his pills yada, yada, yada.. Hmmm, anyways.. Thanks for letting me vent!!

sad

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2twoboys46
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I have felt like that. I have been TTC for 3 1/2 years. There have been times I believed I would never have another baby. This month is my first month on Clomid, and I actually ovulated, and I'm starting to get hopeful and that scares me. It's almost easier to just be certain it's not going to be happen, then it doesn't hurt as much when it doesn't. Good luck hun, I hope you get a bfp very soon.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I definitely feel that way. We have been ttc #1 for 61/2 yrs with 2 failed iuis and 2 failed ivfs. It feels like there is no end in sight.

Good luck and I hope you get a bfp soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I felt that way! I seriously felt like all I was meant to have was 3. But I kept pushing through. The last month we were able to try I just gave it all to God. My bitterness, my stress, all of it.  And I conceived that month! Hubby started shots about 3 days after we concieved that kill sperm, so we knew it was our last chance. I am 13 wks now (started my second trimester today) and I just started feeling like it was a complete miracle from God. I had a few complications in the beginning that continued to make me think maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Now I am more relaxed and excepting that God has blessed me with a fourth!!

We tried for just over 2 1/2 yrs!!

MommyAddie
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this
How long have you been trying?

You are certainly not alone, I think every one of us has had that dreadful feeling. I tried to get pregnant for 10 years with my exhusband. He didn't seem to care if I got pregnant or not. He was often cruel about it. If an aquaintence got pregnant, he would talk about how she deserved it. He and I had different hobbies/intrests in every area of life. If I didn't completely abandon my intrests, he said I was disobedient to him and that's why God wouldn't let me become a mother (although we did eventually adopt beautiful twin babies.) I left that marriage certain I wasn't destined and didn't deserve to be pregnant. 2 1/2 years later (after becoming engaged to my soulmate) I gave birth to my daughter. She's 9 months old and I'm 12 1/2 weeks pregnant.

I have pcos and had anovulatory cycles, bleeding problems and my body was resistant to Metformin and Clomid. I called it a wrap many years ago. But you can never say never. Those little miracles are going to pop up in their own good time. Good luck, and know you're not alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WishingAway
by Angela on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM
2 moms liked this

We tried for three years lots of meds lots of hurt.. we were giving up and BAM it happened. We are now pregnant with our first. It sucks it hurts and its unfair. Sometimes is feels awful but its all worth it when you finally get your baby. Hang in there sweetie and baby dust to you <3

storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:02 PM
How long have you been ttc? I've been ttc #1 for two years (almost) so I know just how you feel. Have you had any tests done?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corpswife523
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Thank you & Congrats! Wishing you a H&H 9 Months!

Quoting WishingAway:

We tried for three years lots of meds lots of hurt.. we were giving up and BAM it happened. We are now pregnant with our first. It sucks it hurts and its unfair. Sometimes is feels awful but its all worth it when you finally get your baby. Hang in there sweetie and baby dust to you <3

corpswife523
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM

TTC #1 for almost a year. No I have not, I'm kind of scared too. I don't want to get a bad result. :/

Quoting storkneedsgps:

How long have you been ttc? I've been ttc #1 for two years (almost) so I know just how you feel. Have you had any tests done?

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this

It's scary to hear that there is a problem, but many times there is also a solution.  You can't do anything to fix what you don't know about!

Quoting corpswife523:

TTC #1 for almost a year. No I have not, I'm kind of scared too. I don't want to get a bad result. :/

Quoting storkneedsgps:

DACIA79
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM
I have the fertility of a rabbit so its never been a issue. For me the easiest way to get pregnant is not to try but I can imagine how ridiculous that sounds to some people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured